Chapter V - The beginning or the bomb.

Start from the beginning

I hate this school. I want a change, like a transfer or something.

I finally shut the locker door as I brought out my books.

I must have my revenge though, what about a combination of eggs and sour milk on her hair.

"Excuse me," I heard a slight cough accompaning the sassy voice.

My head ticked back in shock as I came in view of who was in front of me.
Is this not Clara's bestie of all times, what does she want again.

I stared at her disdainfully.

She actually picked on a girl whose father was one of the executives of the Parents and Teachers Association and she faced the full wrath.
I was so happy when I got the gist from Isabella, it happened while I was rushed home that day.

"Excuse me," Nancy said again, cutting my thoughts so rudely.

"What do you want this time, to dress me up?" I spat out angrily.

I turned back abruptly to walk away but she held me back.
I forcefully removed her hand, I was surprised at her next action.

"I'm truly sorry. Please I need a real and true friend, I've been stabbed at the back so many times." She said in a fake-teary voice.

I rolled my eyes and stared at her, obviously telling her I was not buying her weird story.

"I kind of overheard you saying you wanted to pour eggs on Clara's head," She said hurriedly

Oh shoot, I said that out loud.

"I never knew I thought aloud..." I started to say.
She ignored me as she continued,

"That will be a very terrible mistake because Clara will tell on you and add unbelievable lies. She is a jackass and a terrible pretender. You will be seriously punished."

"And you are-" I started to say, but she cut me off.

"She showed me her true colors when she ganged-up with the girls I bullied to report me because she had a little misunderstanding with me." She finished, her eyes almost clouded with tears.

I don't know what came over me, I guessed it was Mom's talk this morning.
I felt a little pity for her because she felt betrayed and looked remorseful.

So I turned to face her and asked before I could think,
"Do you want to be my seatmate?"

Nancy happily nodded,
"No betrayal!" I added.
She nodded again and started chattering on ways to get back at Clara.

She talked so much that I wondered if there was a possibility that she wanted to use me to get even with Clara.
I brushed off the thought as we walked down the hallways.

Along the walkway in front of the Ss3 block, she saw someone she knew and hurriedly left me after a playful tap.

I entered the class, still keeping my head down, I walked briskly to my seat and decided to download the youversion app.
I opened it and registered.
It led to a page showing the verse of the day and a streak showing one day with a flash sign beside it.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness
Colossians 2:6-7

I read through it and the mini-explanation on it.
It basically talked about how when you've accepted Christ, you have to plant your roots and activities in him and follow him.
I glanced through it and kept my phone back in my bag as I brought out my books to start the class.

As I turned around to hang my bag, I noticed Carlo was in school today. His head was laid on his desk as his friend, Marcho filled him up.

I smiled sheepishly, Isabella was not in school yet if not she would have teased me endlessly. I hurriedly turned around before he could notice me staring.

Classes went on endlessly, I tried my best to avoid Carlo as Isabella was not in school to egg me on.
I barely saw Clara through out the day.
So I just stayed in the library through my free periods and hurried off for practice immediately after school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You weren't in practice yesterday!" the coach ranted at me, sweats pouring down his face as usual.

I just stared timidly, my lips was pressed together with my face to the floor not knowing how to explain to him.

He continued,
"You have been removed from the team.
We have just a week left and you are always dropping from practice. This shows that you do not have the interest of the team at hand." He said with a tone of finality and walked away without waiting for me to respond.

I unscribbled his words trying so hard to understand. I bit my lower lips in a bid to hold back tears.
I turned back before my fellow team mates would notice.

I walked home crestfallen. I was in a daze of confusion as I didn't know how to feel. Happy or sad. Happy because the burden of the practice has been taken off my neck or sad because I really wanted to go for the competition and had given it my all.

*****************************************
Hey guys,

I'm so happy for the reviews I've been getting, I'm so grateful
Please drop more comments, I'm reading and will improve.
What do you think about this chapter?
Your vote is highly appreciated here🥰
Thank you.

With Love,
Feranmi ❤️