Chapter 12

Eventually, both Joe and Caspar are able to balance their teenage, torrid love affair much easier. They've come to the realization that sex isn't all they have. They don't have to constantly fuck to get their point across to one another. It's silly really, that it took them so long to realize this fact considering they're both in relationships and they know that sex isn't the only thing that makes a relationship. But hey, they're used to the sexual tension and now that they've got that mostly out of their system, it's easier to handle.

In fact, recently, they've been having more sex with their 'proper' boyfriends than they have with each other. Joe actually prefers the times in their dorm room when they simply lay together. Some nights they'll try and recite all the star constellations they know. Other evenings Caspar will ask him to recall stories of all his friends from his old school; he'll ask what they're like or how they look. Sometimes Caspar tells Joe about his family and how his mother told Caspar that his sexuality almost caused her to become a joke to others in her book club, which is ridiculous. Caspar admits that another reason he can't let anyone know about their affair is that he's scared of what his mother would say because he knows the news would reach her in some way, most likely through the West-Hill staff grapevine.

Joe's favorite thing to do with Caspar, though, is to lay under him while Caspar kisses him for what seems like an eternity.

That's not to say the sexual tension between them has completely dissipated.

Definitely not.

Sexting becomes a favorite daily pastime.

Joe's phone buzzes quietly in their French class.

I wish your dick was down my throat right now.

Almost moaning out loud, Joe shoots a quick look at Caspar from across the room. Caspar's looking attentively at the teacher but Joe can clearly see the slight, cocky grin on his lips and his cell phone in his lap.

Joe texts back.

One day, you'll let me come on your face. Actually, you'll probably beg me for it.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Caspar glance down in his lap at his phone screen. His eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

And why do you think I'd beg you for something like that?

Joe's reply:

Because I think you're secretly a come slut. Why else would you like licking it off me so often?

Joe watches Caspar stare, wide-eyed at his phone screen before he nearly drops it onto the floor.

The bell rings and Joe bites back a giggle as he brushes past Caspar on the way out of the classroom, on his way to meet Connor outside of the dining hall. By the time he makes it to his boyfriend's side, Caspar still isn't following.

"I'll be right back," Joe says to Connor with a kiss to his cheek, handing him his bag to hold on to. "I think I left my book in my last class."

Joe files past all of the other boys heading to lunch and just as he's about to walk back into the room, a supply closet door swings open and a set of strong arms pulls him inside. The room is tiny and completely smothered in darkness. Joe grins when he feels hands roaming his chest, clawing at his blazer and tugging him closer.

"Glad you came back," Caspar breathes into the little room. "Otherwise I'd probably have stayed in here until lunch was over."

"How did you even know it was me?" Joe asks in a hushed voice.

"You have a very distinctive walk."

"That's creepy."

"Shut up and kiss me, damnit."