Prologue: Darkness is Born

The events of this prologue take place in between Chapter 18 and the epilogue of the last book.

Sausage was in the cathedral of Saint Pearl, washing his hands clean in the holy water after the mass.

He was whistling to himself as he shook his hands dry, and taking the large bible from the alter table, closing it, unaware of the other prescence in the room.

"Sausage,"

Sausage froze, nearly dropping the sacred bible.

The voice was gravelly and seemed to echo around Sausage's head.

"Who- who's there?"

"You are here. You're the only one here." Said the voice with a smirk.

Sausage spun round, clutching the bible to his chest and looking up at the beams of the ceiling, where the voice had come from.

Up on the beams, stood a smoking humanoid creature with glowing red eyes and a sharp toothed grin.

"Me...?"

"Yes, I’m you, and that's putting it very simply,"

Sausage tried to control his terrified racing heart as the figure narrowed his demonic red eyes at him.

"But- how?"

"Your punny brain wouldn't understand," he hissed.

The demon leaped from the rafters onto the tiled floor in front of Sausage, who flinched away from the smoking creature that claimed to be him.

The figure sauntered up to Sausage, backing him up against the alter, making him drop the bible as he clutched the corners of the alter.

The shadow was right in Sausage's face, breathing hot breathing in his face. The shadow narrowed his eyes, licking his lips as he scanned Sausage's terrified eyes.

"Tell me the truth now, Sausage, are you scared of me?"

"I- no- I don't think so-" Sausage stammered. The figure's grin fell into an angry frown.

"Then you are making a grave mistake,"