Aiga & Phi-True Colors

Start from the beginning

"Well...I mean, tournaments are supposed to be fun—hehe."

At last, Phi walked out into the hall only for his ears to catch a 'good luck' from Hearts back in the room behind him, causing him to quirk a smile. While his actions against Bladers everywhere left him with few in his corner, he could always count on Hearts.

Aiga ran a hand through his knotted hair and wiped some dust off the upside-down "A" button of his red letterman jacket as he made his way through the shadowed, white hallway towards the white light at the end of it all. His blue eyes narrowed in focus on one single goal.

Phi! He thought as he moved further. Aiga knew the heterochromatic man would make it to the finals. He knew he'd have to take him down. But what he didn't know was what his opponent to be was playing at.

Phi swore to destroy his Achilles and every other Beyblade on earth. Now the self-proclaimed god skipped out on the numerous opportunities he had to do so. While a less seasoned version of him would see it as a sign of regret, Aiga knew better, knew that under all the poshness and all the glamor, what Phi really was, a monster, a petty and sadistic one at that.

Crossing through the white light, Aiga blinked slightly as the entire arena came into view; the stage was a vast coliseum of beautiful pearl white. The crowded bleachers led down to angular slopes. The water surrounding the stage rippled as he walked the pathway to the black Beystadium. The Referee stood off to the left of the bowl's center. Aiga's eyes briefly cut up to the tapering white arc touching the blue sky before falling onto the sight of his new opponent.

While he hated the guy's thirst for destruction, he had to admit that Phi liked to destroy with some style. An odd sense of style but a sense of style nonetheless. The man wore a red magenta overcoat with orange sun-esque rings on both sides and a black undershirt underneath. The sleeves of the coat and his red magenta pants coiled with wavey sunbeam designs.

Phi himself had his eyes narrowed in frustration. There was no blistering hate towards him like Aiga had imagined they would be. But an indecisiveness aimed somewhere else, seemingly towards the stadium, as he tilted his head down to look at it, almost like he was avoiding something. Before he finally tilted it up and locked eyes with him.

"Hello...Aiga.." He said with a strained look, causing Aiga to gain a puzzled one in return before he continued.

"Before we begin, I'd," He said before he found the floor more interesting to look at, "I'd like to say I'm sorry for my past transgressions against you." At that, Aiga's look became even more puzzled.

Phi, of all people, apologizing? Part of him thought he could buy it, given how he hadn't wiped out a single Bey since he got here. But another part of him, the hurt part, that remembered how the heterochromatic man tried to destroy him and so many others, how his polite demeanor twisted into the psychopath that did so with gleeful laughter, couldn't buy it for a second.

"Yeah, right-" Aiga said as he steeled his blue eyes, causing Phi to cringe slightly " You honestly expect me to believe that?"

"No, I do not-" Phi said as he closed his eyes solemnly. "But I will prove it to you, here and now, with this battle!!" He finished as he pulled out Dead Phoenix and flashed the face of its layer to Aiga.

As Phi clamped Dead Phoenix to its launcher, Aiga couldn't help but scowl as he chewed on his opponent's words while he readied to launch Achilles. Prove it to him? Like he had anything worth proving. Mind games aside, Aiga knew he had to defeat Phi, no matter what it took!