Chapter 17

Michelle's POV

"Hello everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful evening." his voice rings out.

Fucking Ewan.

What the fuck is he doing here? I was pretty clear on wanting him to leave.

The crowd cheers as he says his hello. What are they cheering for?

"Thank you, thank you." he smirks, looking directly at me. "I don't know many of you, although some I know very well, but I thank you all for taking me in and for allowing me to join your school."

WHAT?!

HE BETTER BE FUCKING JOKING!

And everyone is clapping for him?!

"He seems nice." Hope nudges me.

"You have no idea." I roll my eyes and start to push through the crowds to get outside. I'm suffocating in here.

"Before you all get bored of my little speech, I would like to sing a song to this one girl. She is the reason I came here and I really want her to take me back, so I hope she waits around long enough to hear this song." he says acting all innocent. His eyes are still locked on me.

I'm about to open the door and run out when the song starts playing.

Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley.

Our song from when we were dating.

"Wise men say,
Only fools rush in.
But I can't help falling in love with you..."  he sings.

I can't listen to this any longer.

I sprint out and lean against the side of the Grill.

If Ewan fucking Shaw thinks I'm accepting him joining this school he can go live out his delusions somewhere else. I'm not going to fucking deal with this.

Even from outside I can still hear his singing. That was our song. Our song. Before everything bad started happening. And when the bad things started taking place, he would sing that song to me to apologise. I can't believe this is happening.

I hear someone walk out.

"Hey, where did you go?" Hope's voice rings out.

"Just needed some fresh air. Go back in."

Hope pulls me in for a hug, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Fine. Hurry up though."

"I will."

She places a kiss on my forehead then walks back into the Grill.

"You done yet?" Hope says, poking her head through the door.

"Almost." I laugh and watch her go back inside.

"Done?" she pokes her head out again and laughs.

"No." I laugh harder and watch her go in.

When the door opens again.

"Hope, love, I'll be there in a minute just go back in."

"Sorry to disappoint, I'm not Hope." a man's voice says.

Fucking Ewan.

"What do you want Ewan?" I mutter.  He comes into my view and stands far too close to me.

"You used to call me love." he says.

"Hm."