Chapter 12

Michelle's POV

"Hope... hi." I say. I could fucking strangle Lizzie right now. Hope is standing next to Josie with her arms crossed. Is she pissed? What the fuck do I say?

Lizzie is standing to my right not saying shit.

"Hey Michelle." Hope says. "What was it you said about not running out on people?"

She doesn't sound mad... I think?

"Uh, sorry. Nerves." I shrug.

FUCK ME MAN!

WHY AM I SO AWKWARD?

"Hey why don't you two go get smoothies from the smoothie bar and discuss everything." Lizzie says, pushing me and Hope about of the room.

I turn my head and mouth to Lizzie, "You fucking slag."

"Have fun!" she smiles. She shoves us out the door and shuts it in our faces.

I'm going to kill her.

"Come on, I need a smoothie." Hope grabs my hand and drags me over to the smoothie bar. She's not acting weird in any way. Maybe we won't talk about it?

When we're finally there Hope tells me to sit down at a table while she got the smoothies. I sit and pull my phone out. I text Lizzie.

YOU FUCKING BITCH

youll thank me

hows it going

is it awkward

no?

yes?

idfk

have yous talked yet?

"They ran out of strawberry." Hope says, placing a wild fruit smoothie in front of me.

"Thanks." I say, taking a sip. She sits down across from me and stares at me. I look away. Fuck me this is awkward.

"I enjoyed last night." she says. "Shame you ran out on me."

She smirks.

God, I love that smirk.

"I didn't mean to. Guess I got a bit shaken up." I shrug.

Shit, shit, shit.

I'm looking for something sarcastic or funny to say right now to lighten the mood but I can't come up with anything.

We sit in silence for a while.

"What are we doing?" Hope finally asks. Thank fuck she asked it 'cause I wouldn't have.

"I honestly don't know."

"Well, did you enjoy last night?"

"Yes."

"Sorted then." she says with so much confidence.

She takes another sip of her smoothie.

"So..." I say. "Are we... a thing?"

Hope gives me a strange look. "Of course we are, stupid."

I smile.

"Listen, I need to go see Alaric, but I'll catch up with you later, okay?" Hope says after we both finish our smoothies.

"Yeah, sure. See you later then."

For a second I think she's just going to walk away, but instead she leans in and gives me a short peck on the lips.

"Bye." she smiles and runs off.

I sit shocked.

I'm already enjoying this relationship thing.

Short chapter but yeah. I reread the first few chapters that 10 year old me wrote and wtf man. But I don't want to change them 💀 they're memories.

Give me any ideas on what should happen next