Chapter 13-Any Last Words?

A/n:I said thanks already but I'm gonna say it again!Thank you all for commenting,voting,and reading!You all have made me really happy and helped keep this story going.We're almost to the end,just a couple more chapters.Thank you all!❤️
~•~

"Amy?"

Her heart beat sped up as she recognized the voice.It wasn't dark and heartless,no,it was gentle and stern.

"Sonic?"she whispered.

"Amy!"

"Sonic!"

Amy started running forward,yet she had no idea where he was.But she just kept running.Before she could think another thought,she slammed into something furry..and fabricy.Amy intertwined her fingers with the fabric,inhaling the scent.It was defiantly Sonic.She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist,holding her tightly.Amy used her free hand to brush it through his quills.

She looked up,and even though she couldn't see Sonic completely,she did see his bright emerald eyes that were similar to hers.He stared back at her,his breathing heavy.She could hear his heartbeat.Sonic unlatched her waist and used his right hand to push her head toward his chest.His other hand was wrapped around her.He dug his face into her quills and inhaled her scent.

"Amy,"he breathed.

Amy hugged him tightly,melting into his warmth.They stayed like this for several minutes,just enjoying holding each other.Amy lifted her head and smiled while Sonic scanned her face.He could see her silhouette,the features of her face...Her lips.He tilted her chin up and leaned forward slowly.Her heart began to speed up again as his lips came closer.They were so close,all Sonic had to do was pull her face just a little bit closer...

"I see you found her."

They stopped.Amy glanced down at his lips,but pulled back and got into a fighting stance.Sonic winced and missed the warmth,but his protective instincts kicked in.The two stood back to back,ready to attack.

"I told you he would come for me,"she snapped loudly.

"About time,"Shadow hissed.

Both of their ears twitched as the sound of footsteps got closer.They stood together closely.Sonic dropped his right at his side as Amy did the same.Without much thought,Sonic carefully grasped Amy's hand.She tensed,but then intertwined their fingers together.They both smiled,but focused on Shadow's surprise attack.

"It's just me and you Shadow,"Sonic growled,"Isn't this what you wanted?"

You could hear Shadow's laugh echoing against the stone walls.

"Yes and no,I was hoping Amy would be dead by the time you got here.Then you would be weak,and easy to kill.I could kill you both...that works just as good."

Sonic squeezed her hand,"Come out and fight coward!"

Just as he said this,he felt a horrible pain across his right cheek.He tumbled back,letting go of Amy's hand.She helped him balance,letting him lean against her.However again he felt another knife splitting pain,this time on his left cheek.Sonic felt his face,feeling something wet.

Amy gasped silently,"Sonic...blood."

"How does it feel to play in the dark?"Shadow sneered in Sonic's ear.

He reeled back his fist and tried punching Shadow who was apparently next to him.Sonic missed completely,merely punching air.Something hard slammed into his stomach,sending him flying back.Amy couldn't see a thing,she only heard Sonic's groan and hit the ground.She tried to run in the direction of the sound,only to be stopped by someone violently grabbing her wrist.

She almost fell forward,blinking as she tried to tug away.

"Not so fast,"Shadow snapped.

Amy cried out and trashed around to escape.

"Let go of me!"she screeched,trying to punch him with her free arm.

He caught her arm then twisted it behind her back.Amy whimpered in pain,trying not to move.

"We've reached the end my dear,"Shadow whispered in her ear.

Amy scowled and used her right leg to kick him in the crotch.He groaned in agony and released Amy.She scrambled away,heading to where she heard the voice.Amy almost tripped over Sonic who was sitting up wiping the blood from his face.She crouched down next to him and ran a hand quickly through his quills.He reached for her hand and rested it on his face.

"Don't worry Ames,we'll get out of here safely,"he said reassuringly.

Before she could answer him,Shadow pounced on Sonic,pinning him to the ground.Amy yelped and latched onto Shadow,trying to pull him off.She clawed at him and even tried punching him.Yet he was much too strong and shoved her away with much force.

"Get away from him!"wailed Amy.

Shadow gave her one last shove.She stumbled back and fell,slamming her head against the rock wall.Amy tried to stand,but fell back unconscious.He smirked and looked back at Sonic who was staring at Amy's lifeless body in horror.Shadow leaned in forward and was face to face with Sonic,grinning darkly.Sonic sneered and secretly stretched his hand out,scooping up some dirt slowly in his hand.

"Any last words Sonic?"Shadow hissed.

Sonic grinned weakly,the dried blood smeared all over his face.

"Ya..."