Secret Identities

"I think you're going to like it!"

She smiled and rested her forehead against his. "Just remember, when I tell you what it is, I never meant to keep it from you. I just, well, until you came along, I never met anyone I really trusted enough to tell. Not everyone would understand."

Loki sat back a little and looked at her. "You dont have to tell me darling. I love you unconditionally. There's nothing that could make me love you any less." He kissed her softly and moved to sit on the bed beside her. She sat forward till he got comfortable, then lay back in his arms. She smiled up at him. Was it possible to love him any more than she did right at that moment?

"Well, I'm kind of hoping you might actually love me just a little more!" She snuggled into his chest, and he sighed contentedly.

"Impossible darling. Actually physically impossible." He smiled and kissed the top of her head. "But give it your best shot, I'm ready!"

"Well..." she took a deep breath. "I'm..."

She was interrupted by the door bursting open, and Thor, Tony, Bucky, and Steve burst in.

"You're awake!"

"Well, look who decided to join us!"

"Little SISTER!"

"Good to see you, Maam!" Steve winked, then added,"Glad someone is back to keep Loki out of trouble. You know what these Jotuns are like!"

They paused and looked as Loki scowled at them, and Susie shook her head, laughing. She squeezed Loki's hand as he growled under his breath.

"Im going to kill them. Slowly. Painfully. In every way they fear."

"Shhhh love," she whispered, giggling. "we have all the time in the world. They dont mean any harm!"

"I think we should come back later." Thor looked at Tony, who looked at Bucky, who grabbed Steve.  They made a hasty exit as Loki and Susie burst into fits of laughter.

Standing outside in the corridor, Tony  turned to the others with a shocked expression. "I didn't think he knew how to laugh!"

Steve shook his head and smiled. "Amazing what love can do. Even to a frozen heart - and I should know!"  With that, they walked off.

Back in her room, Susie and Loki settled back. "So, you were about to tell me something, my Queen." He kissed her softly, then settled back, pulling her gently into him again.

She winced slightly, her wound hurting from all the movement.  Loki noticed and immediately made to call for Bruce. Susie put a hand on his arm.

"Loki, wait, please. There's something you need to know. The only other person who knows is Bruce."

He looked at her, almost hurt that Banner knew this most personal of details before him.  She saw it in his eyes and shook her head slowly.

"Loki. He only knows because he had to. It made a difference in case of an emergency. An emergency like this one."

Now, he was both confused and intrigued. 

"Lock the door, please?" She said gently.  "I don't want us to be interrupted again. This is too important." She looked up into his eyes, and he nodded, unquestioning acceptance reflected back to her in his.  With a flick of the wrist, the door was secure, a green glow emanating from the handle.

"Go on, love, nothing will get in the way this time, I promise." He sat back, and she took another deep breath.

"Well, you know how I'm half human?"