Truth or Dare

"Well, hello! Seems you came back then?"

She knew the voice before she even turned.  Well, more accurately, she knew who the voice belonged to, even if not his actual name. 

Turning with a smile, she wasn't disappointed. "Hi - yes, I've actually been here every day this week. I wondered if I would see you again." She paused, suddenly realising she sounded like a stalker.  Flushing crimson, she raised her hands in defence, "I mean, I was here and I knew you might be, and I kept an eye out...." she trailed off. "I'm making it worse, aren't I?" She winced, and he laughed, his beautiful eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Fortunately, I'm used to deciphering rambling!" He put a hand on her arm. "My brother talks rubbish half the time and nonsense the other. Nothing you can say will phase me, I promise!" 

"Thank you....You know, I don't actually know your name!" She shrugged as they automatically started to walk to the tea stall again. 

Loki looked at her and smiled. "My name... yes, my name...." he paused. Tell her? Not tell her? Not.  Definitely not.  Yet.  Ever? "

"You do... HAVE a name I take it?" She smirked as he seemed to be searching for it.  It was his turn to flush.

"Thomas... Thomas Sharpe."  He stuck out his hand "pleased to meet you."

"Likewise." She smiled. "Now we are officially  no longer strangers, I feel morally obliged to buy you a drink today.  Take a seat, I won't be long. What would you like?" she stood, one hand on her hip tucking her hair behind her ear with the other.

"Mmmm surprise me!" he winked and she smiled, her eyes twinkling.  He found himself strangely proud of making her smile like that.  He wanted to do it again.  And again. 

As he watched her walk away, he was entranced by the gentle sway of her hair now that it flowed freely around her shoulders. So different from how she wore it to work. More relaxed, more sexy. Definitely more sexy. Briefly he wondered if it felt as soft and silky as it looked. What he wouldn't give to test that theory. 

Fat chance, he told himself. He'd totally screwed up.  Hitting on his own parole officer? Even in his wildest imagination, there was no way THAT was ending well.  But then again, in this form, she wasn't. Was she?

The debate was put on hold as she walked back over and handed him a cup.  He raised it to his lips and sipped carefully. Cappucino.  It wouldn't have been his first choice, but truthfully? She could have handed him a cup of cold porridge and he would have lapped it up.

He watched as her lips pursed to blow on her own cup.  He could feel the heat rising in his blood. Steady Laufeyson, he thought, don't get carried away. This can go nowhere.

He decided to ignore himself.  Since he was plainly avoiding the truth, perhaps he could dare to stretch things just a little further.  He wasn't doing any harm, he reasoned. It was just dinner. Yeah right Laufeyson, his inner voice said, dinner? That was for children. What you REALLY want to do is very, VERY adult.

"Susie?" He put his cup to his lips and took a swallow, "I - I wondered, maybe, if you'd like to, have  something to eat, maybe some dinner or a snack or just a drink?" How on earth did she do it? Reduce his Silver Tongue to a blabbering wreck.  If Thor could hear him now! Thankfully, there was no chance of that. Thor was currently at the London Sanctum speaking with Stephen Strange, trying to locate their elusive Valkyrie.

Susie was slightly taken aback.  Dinner? So soon? With an almost complete stranger? For a moment she paused then thought, why the hell not. What's the worst that could happen? She actually enjoyed herself for once?

No More Tearsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें