Under Attack

Susie walked up to the restaurant and stopped.  Did she really think, after this afternoon's little display that Tom would turn up?  Part of her hoped not, she was now desperately ashamed of her actions and part hoped he did.  If only to apologise to him.  He had been nothing but gentlemanly to her and how had she repaid him?  Virtually raping him in the park.  Ok, that might be putting it a bit strongly, she realised, but it wasn't far from the truth of things.  She had wanted to fuck him, not 'make love' , not 'enjoy each other' no.  She'd wanted to fuck his brains out there and then.  Raw and animalistic.  Sensual and passionate.  And so unlike anything she'd ever felt for anyone.  Ever.  

She'd almost decided to go home again without waiting when she saw him.  He was sitting at a table in the window, alone.  He looked up from his menu and saw her.  His face lit up and he stood, ready to come and get her.  Taking a deep breath, she walked in.

"I'm with Mr Sharpe" she told the waiter who greeted her.  He nodded and took her coat as she walked to where Loki was still standing.  For a second, they just looked at each other then he said,

"You look beautiful, that colour of green really suits you. Please, sit here" he moved and held out a chair for her, helping her settle and placing a menu in front of her.  He returned to his own seat and poured some wine into her glass.  "I took the liberty of ordering a bottle.  It's one of my favourites, I hope you like it?" he raised his glass and waited for her to do the same.

As she did so, he toasted them "To us." was all he said.  

"To us." she repeated quietly, their eyes locked. He smiled as he watched her take a sip. "Well?  Any good?" 

"Lovely, thank you. You have excellent taste." she placed the glass on the table and picked up the menu.  

"Yes, I seem to don't I?" he winked at her and she blushed, turning back to the choices in front of her.  Staring at it blindly for a minute or two, she put it down again. 

"Tom?" 

"Yes Susie?"

"Are we ... ok?" she looked at him with eyes that reminded him of a frightened animal. Full of hope for the best but fearing the worst.  In the aftermath of their meeting, everything had calmed and now he felt not only an attraction to her, but the desire to protect her.  From herself if needs be.

"If by ok, you mean am I still thinking about earlier?" he put down his own menu and took her hand gently in his.  It was so small and delicate compared to his, just like her.  He wondered if she would feel as small in his arms.  This time however, there was no lust, it was just a comfortably warm desire to hold her. 

"Yes" her tiny voice broke into his inner monologue.  He looked back up from her hand and into her face.  Her beautiful but scared and ashamed face. 

"Darling, I only think about it as I have never had a compliment like that before.  And THAT is how I'll take it.  That you felt so strongly towards me, that you found me so attractive and that you kissed me so passionately, will always be a source of unending joy to me.  No matter how things subsequently turn out, I will neither forget nor regret a single second.  I truly hope you don't either." he smiled and raised her hand to his mouth.  Grazing her knuckles with his velvet lips, he continued, "Let's not talk about it now.  I don't know about you, but I am very much looking forward to a lovely meal together.  Let's just enjoy that, there is nothing else to worry about other than steak, chicken or fish!" he winked and let her hand go.  "So, what will it be?"

With that, the subject of the kiss was closed.  For now.

They were just finishing their deserts when Loki looked out of the window and dropped his spoon on the table.  People were screaming as they ran up the street, away from something that was quite literally destroying it as it moved.  Instantly he recognised it.  Indeed, he himself had once used it.  The Destroyer.  The large metal being from Asgard's vault that spat fire and destruction.  He'd used it to pretty much level a small town in a fight against his brother.  But how in Odin's name was it here and who was using it?