Chapter 17

Steve was smiling, as others were just confused and awestruck.

"W-what is that?" asked Rias.

"Issei's cursed technique. It basically swaps his physical conditions with his enemies. Basically, he transfers his damage to his opponents and takes theirs, and he also steals stamina, Demonic Power, and Cursed energy until he recovers all that he lost or his opponent loses them to the point he has," Steve explained leaving their jaws open.

"That's a good trump card, and now Riser is distracted," Sirzechs noted as Steve nodded.

Meanwhile, Grayfia and Artoria were trading battle tactics and critiquing both parties, completely uninterested in the conversation.

As for Issei, he took advantage of the situation as he once again activated his Boosted Gear.

"Ddraig, now it's no limits, go on as far I can push, we need to push now," Issei muttered as Ddraig agreed.

"BOOST!"

Issei burst towards Riser, who was still shocked, and punched him in the stomach, before grabbing his head and slamming it into the ground bashing it. He then proceeded to kick him into the wall of the stadium, while following him.

"BOOST!"

Riser stood up and went for a flame covered which Issei countered with his own, though he was pushed backward. However, he used this momentum to spin and kick Riser in his jaw, almost breaking it, before he grabbed his hand and carefully placing his elbow broke it, earning another yell.

"AAH!" yelled Riser as his other hand went for Issei's face in an attempt to burn him, but Issei ducked and kneed him in the chest.

"BOOST!"

Riser, pissed, covered himself in flames making Issei retreat. Issei then looked at Rias as he yelled, "PROMOTION TO ROOK!".

Rias, still with tears in her eyes, nodded and muttered, 'Granted'.

Issei then went in, his strength boosted even more, and punched Riser through the flames.

"W-why do you try so hard!" yelled Riser as he skid to a stop.

"... Have you ever fallen in love?"

This question caught Riser off-guard as he almost instinctively looked towards Yubelluna before answering Issei's question.

"...Yes"

"BOOST!"

"Then you should know my answer. I don't think you're truly bad Riser, or else your Peerage wouldn't get angry on your behalf. They wouldn't defend you like they did on that day. So you might understand my feelings, Rias Buchou saved, me, and now, I'll do anything to save her smile," Issei said with a determined look as Riser glared at him.

"... You need strength for that. Show Riser your strength, Issei Hyoudou!" Riser yelled with a smile as Issei nodded.

'That's sixteen times, I need to hold out for even more,' Issei thought as he rushed towards Riser.

Riser too flew towards Issei with his fist cocked and covered in flames, ready for another clash.

'Remember, remember... a millionth of a second... let it naturally happen...'

Issei and Riser's fists met, and Issei immediately noticed that he couldn't achieve what he wanted to.

Thus, he jumped back, wincing in pain.

'DAMN IT! FOCUS ISSEI!'

"BOOST!"

'Focus... Deep breaths... breathe in... breathe out... feel your energy... a millionth of a second...'