.

Both Saber and Gilgamesh looked at Steve who had said that so casually.

"What?"

"Did you just say you are... smitten by me?" asked Saber, a little confused and overwhelmed.

"I mean I grew to admire you from his stories, and then seeing you here in front of me just cemented the truthfulness of his words, and you're WAY too beautiful, so yeah."

"Wow, the harem king strikes," Gilgamesh commented as Steve shot him a glare.

"H-harem king?"

"Ah well, I forgot, he's... popular alright. Like really popular. Plus, he's like, really really nice. Way too nice. I am pretty sure that if someone he considers a friend confesses to him, he wouldn't even be able to reject her. Would you?" asked Gilgamesh while Steve nervously scratched the back of his neck.

'... We just met, so why am I feeling jealous toward nonexistent people?'

"... It's a little too early for me. I mean, a new world, no Grail war, and this guy being good? I need a little time. Plus, I don't even know you well, Gojo san. So I hope you'd understand. Other than that, the... harem thing... well, I mean I come from an era where it's a VERY common practice. So even though I want you to myself only... IF you choose to take other lovers, I guess I'll accept it. BUT. There are two conditions," she said as Steve nervously gulped. The prospect of potential rejection was way more terrifying than he previously thought.

"The conditions are, that you'll only accept those you actually love, and not out of pity. And you'll ask your partners first before accepting a new one."

"That's it?"

"... Yeah? Why are you saying as if it's no big deal?"

"Cuz... it's not? Loving the ones I am in a relationship with is the BARE minimum, and not asking before taking a decision that affects everyone is just plain rude?"

"..."

"..."

"Are you sure you're related to him Gilgamesh?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT YOU HAG!"

And the next thing Gilgamesh knew was the hilt of a sword meeting his balls. Newsflash: It was not HIS sword.

And his precious little brother just snickered.

"... My... Future... Children..." croaked Gilgamesh before comically falling to the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After Gilgamesh comically groaning and the other two laughing at him, Artoria, Steve, and Gil were sitting at the table as Steve pulled out a file.

"Alright, Artoria san, so I and Gil are in a team, known as Heroes-for-Hire. We are basically freelancing mercs, who mostly hunt stray devils, rogue fallen, and other magical or non-magical beings who have a bounty on their heads. Right now, we have a job to hunt down a stray known as Gunther, something about a weird laser thingy. Don't remember," Steve explained as Artoria nodded.

"So... do you wish to accompany us?" he asked as Gil nursed his almost broken balls.

"I... well, I wish to see what kind of creatures dwell in this world, so it would be appreciated if you could let me accompany you both and participate in combat."

"..."

"..."

"Uh... is something the matter?"

"Too many big words," deadpanned Steve as Artoria sweatdropped.

"Uh, right, I'll try not to," she replied.

"Please don't speak formally, it's gonna be weird in the long term," Steve pointed out as she nodded.

"Alright, let's go," Gil said as he stood up and walked towards the gate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The trio was entering an abandoned building just outside the territory of the Sitris and Gremorys.

"Are you sure you felt the energy from here?" asked Gil as Steve looked at him from over the sunglasses.

"I've got the ability to see the most minute of aura, and you doubt me?"

"... Point taken. Then let me set some traps just in case," he muttered as he activated the Gates of Babylon and multiple crossbows came out, which he camouflaged in trees and used magic to detect and shoot any anomaly.

"The great King of Heroes taking precautions! That's a first," Artoria said with a teasing tone as Steve smugly looked at Gil, who was pouting.

"Damn these two, teaming up on me..." he grumbled causing Steve to chuckle and sling his hand around his neck.

"Come on, let's just get in big bro," he said literally dragging him as Artoria saw a small blush on his face.

'I see... I guess even Gilgamesh can change. It's going to be fun getting to know the person who changed him.'