Chapter 5. A friend in need

Magsimula sa umpisa

Mr. Patil understood that young boss was so much unlike his senior boss. So, without any further arguments, he just nodded and exited his young boss's cabin.

Vinay was adamant on changing his father's way of dealing with clients. Which according to him, was the reason behind the slow progress of their business.

He wanted the best for his family and their business. He wanted to take their business to the global market.

He knew that he needs to be ruthless and arrogant, if he wants the best comfort for his family.

"Hm... Mr. Mittal, I have full confidence in my son. His decisions will always be beneficial for us. So don't worry about our deal." Mr. Nair proudly said to his old friend.

"Hm... I hope you are coming for the XXX conference at Grand ****. I want our family to meet each other. I really want to meet your boy. He seems quite a charming personality!" Mr. Mittal laughed and expressed his will.

"Of course, Mr. Mittal. We will be there. I was wanting to meet your children too." Like these two old friends ended their conversation with pleasantries.

In Menon's office

"Dad, it seems all the big potential clients are going to be there at the XXX conference at Grand ***. We should go." Sameer was telling his father about his plan.

"Hm. You are right. It's this Thursday, right? Yes, we should go. I am pretty sure Nair will be present there too. We should not miss this opportunity." Mr. Menon expressed.

Sameer just shrugged this thought of his dad's friendship with the Nair's'.

"Dad, we have to go for the meeting with the Sharma's'. We have to fix this land deal with them."

Saying so, both of them moved to the conference room for their meeting.

In the evening, at Menon's residence.

"Mom, do you think we should keep the reception in our hometown too, coz we have all our friends here?" Sameer said while concentrating on his laptop.

"And why not? We have all our relatives and old friends over there. I prefer it is better to keep it in more grand manner in our hometown. With the constant fun and frolicky, it will be like a good festivity!" His mom explained while imagining the grandeur of her celebrations.

"Mom, you really think this frog requires so much grandeur?! I mean if we are keeping it for Latha Chech, then it is worth it! But him?!! Naahhh...." Sonia gave a weird expression at the end of her sentence.

(Latha Pillai was Sameer's bride to be.)

"Aye, you lizard, watch your mouth!! Don't forget, I am going to pay for your expensive lehenga (Indian Girls Attire)!!" Sameer gave a warning signal to Sonia, earning a smirk from her.

"Humph! To be clear, Dad is going to sponsor our dresses! So, you keep your dirty mouth and brains...Shut!!" Sonia glared at him with her hands on her hips to prove her point.

"You, crocodile!!" Sameer kept his laptop on the side and marched at her.

"You, frog!" Sonia made a run to her room screaming.

"Wait! You little Dad's spoiled brat! I am going to teach you some manners!" Sameer ran behind her.

Sonia was fast enough to reach her room and lock it.

"Open up, crocodile!!" Sameer started banging her room door.

Sonia couldn't stop giggling. She latched onto her door for dear life!!