"I do get it. And he'll be very happy to know you said 'yet'."

"Oh shut up." Adeline said with a slight laugh.

"You can't take it back now babes."

"I can and I will!"

"Nope. You've admitted you'll forgive him one day."

"Sirius I want to forgive him one day. Hell I want to forgive him now. But I have to physically restrain myself every time I see him."

"Yeah the bones into stew thing you mentioned was a little scary."

"I can't help it. Between him thinking I'd kill my best friends and him ditching Harry, I just feel very violent in his presence."

"Well I'd appreciate it if you didn't kill my boyfriend."

"Meh I'll try not to. He was mine first so I think it's okay if I maim him a little."

"Community dick am I right?"

"Homie hopper."

"He's for the streets."

"Good old fashioned whore."

"Little floozy."

"Tramp."

"Slut."

"What are you guys doing down here?" Remus asked entering the room. "It's kind of late."

"Nothing much, slut." Adeline said holding back a smile.

"Just chatting, whore." Sirius added. The pair shared a smile as Remus shook his head.

"Glad to know you two made up." Remus said sarcastically.

"Sadly he's still my best friend." Adeline frowned, "I can't stay mad at him. You on the other hand I can't not stay mad at. How ironic?"

"Yeah yeah. I did want to tell you happy birthday though."

"Oh shucks. Never thought I'd hear that on my actual birthday."

"Never thought I'd know your actual birthday."

"Yeah how did Harry find out?" Sirius inquired.

"I was let out of jail a year ago yesterday. So a year ago today, Minnie had to get my key from the Burrow. Molly invited me inside and I met Harry. They mentioned school was starting the next day and it clicked that it had to be my birthday. So I just blurted it out. I told Harry, it's like the secret didn't matter anymore."

"Dorcas would be so disappointed." Sirius teased.

"No she wouldn't." Adeline replied earnestly, "She'd be proud. I could never fully tell you guys why I hated my birthday without giving the date away, but it was because my parents loved getting rid of me and celebrated that more than my birthday. But they don't get to celebrate that anymore. So now it can be a little bit more fun. But today was definitely a lot and I couldn't do it every year."

"I tried to warn Harry that you hated your birthday and he shut me down real quick." Remus said with a laugh.

"Yeah he can be a protective little thing. I promise you though I've never once tried to turn him against you."

"I would never think that don't worry."

"Good. Same with you Sirius, I make sure to not shit talk to Harry. Why do you think I went looking for Mary? I had no one to be mean with." Adeline said with a smirk, "I must get to bed now, early morning tomorrow."

"She's going back to Hogwarts." Sirius hollered.

"Do you need any books for the road?" Remus asked.

"Hell no I'm not a nerd." Adeline replied.

"You confuse the shit out of me." Remus laughed.

"You've always wanted to read my mind for a reason." Adeline said with a shrug. "Good night now you both. But mostly just Sirius because you still suck Remus."

"Yeah sucks my-,"

"Sirius shut the fuck up." Remus interrupted.

"Yeah goodbye now, don't need that visual. And Remus drink the damn potion next Moon." Adeline said pointedly knowing he still was trying to prove a point. She then dashed out of the room before he could reply.

//an

short chapter and a pretty chill one but i also said i wasn't going to update during the week so who cares

she made up with sirius (woo) sorry if you wanted her to stay mad longer but i would hate for something to happen while she was still mad at him 😃

also my presentation went great and i also had a math quiz that i think went well- so close to be done w/ this semester fr

and i noticed that the most recent christmas chapter (christmas tree farm) just randomly has significantly more views and votes than then ones before and after it... kinda weird it wasn't even one of my fav chapters

title description:  no one rly expected sirius and adeline to ever be friends at the beginning yet they still have that bond (sort of a trauma bond lowkey) and they're gonna stay friends despite their old selves sometimes coming back- they're cut from the same cloth so fights are bound to happen

okay bye bye love you all <3