ivy

Adeline had never been as grateful as she was for the distraction of moving.

Remus leaving was one thing, but Remus leaving without being able to contact her was another.

So she threw herself into moving. Even electing to do much of it by hand rather than using magic just so it would take longer.

But eventually she was finished.

So instead she threw herself into brewing her potions for the Order. Dumbledore had contributed grately to her already extensive ingredients shelves that she kept inside her room, so she was able to jump right into her work.

Marlene and Dorcas came and went, going on their own missions together. And Adeline stayed. She elected to not get a job outside of the Order. Sleakeazy's gave her a steady enough passive income to stay on her feet.

Adeline wouldn't admit it (and probably didn't realize it) but she was going a bit stir crazy. So when she got a letter from Lily asking to come over, she was elated. Adeline got to work making a dinner that was equivalent to Effie's.

"Knock knock!" Lily said as she entered the apartment.

"Lily!!" Adeline responded running over to give her a hug. "Merlin I've missed you."

"We've missed you Addy. You never come to group hang outs anymore."

"I know, I know. It's just hard. Reminds me of him too much." Adeline said softly. Effie and Monty come by once a week for dinner, but she never goes over to the Potters. And never hangs out with the others, besides Marlene and Dorcas in her own home.

"I get that." Lily gave her a small smile. It had been only a month out of the approximate three that Remus would be gone for. He left at the end of June. So now it's nearing the close of July.

"But how have you been!" Adeline said wanting to change the subject.

"Good for the most part. I got an invitation to my sister's wedding."

"Petunia right?" Adeline asked. Lily didn't talk about her family very much.

"Yeah Petunia. She's marrying this muggle named Vernon Dursley. He's scum."

"Are you going to go?"

"I mean I have to don't I? She's my sister. I'd want her at mine. I'm just worried about James."

"James? Why?" Adeline beckoned Lily over to the kitchen so she could start dishing out their food.

"Well he doesn't react amazingly to people being mean to him or to me. He can't hold his tongue to save his life and I love him for it I do, but he needs to restrain himself around my sister."

"Yeah if she says one bad word to you than he'll raise Hell."

"I would never go without him that's muggy behavior. But I just wish I could get him to stay quiet."

"First struggle of marriage. Getting your husband to shut up." Adeline joked.

"That reminds me! I have a big question to ask you." Lily's eyes lit up in excitement.

"You want to marry me instead of James?"

"I mean I'd be down." Lily said with a wink, "But actually. I wanted to ask you to be a bridesmaid."

"Oh Lily! Absolutely! I would love to!" Adeline pulled her into a hug.

"Wonderful!! I still need to ask Marlene, Mary, and Dorcas." Lily's mood shifted, "And based on how my sister's wedding goes I need to ask her to be my maid of honor."