all too well

The only, only, good thing that came out of Azkaban, was having a passive income but zero expenses for 13 years.

With her newfound money, Adeline was able to get a nice house at 8 Privet Drive.

She hadn't told Harry of the house in fear he'd snitch to Dumbledore by accident, so after she was all moved in, it was time to surprise him.

Adeline was by no means stupid, and knew her best course of action would be to get on the Dursley's good side. So she put on her most modest and obnoxious clothing and walked over with a basket of cookies to meet the devils.

Knock Knock.

Adeline waited at the door until it swung open, revealing her godson.

"Ad-,"

Adeline cut him off by making a 'shut up' with her hand. "Hello! I just moved in down the road and wanted to greet you! Are your parents home?"

"Uncle Vernon!" Harry called out, trying his best to disguise his smile.

"What is it boy?" Vernon grumbled coming into view.

"Hello sir!" Adeline said cheerfully trying her best to disguise her hatred, "My name is Sarah White, I just moved in down the street."

Vernon grunted in response then caught a look at the basket in her hand, "What's that?"

"These are for you!" Adeline said handing them to him, "I didn't catch your name sir?"

"Vernon. Dursley." He responded as he looked at the cookies in the basket.

"Vernon, sweetie, whose at the door?" Petunia entered the hallway then looked Adeline up and down.

"New neighbor." Vernon replied as he began to eat a cookie.

"Hi! I'm Sarah! Pleasure you meet you." Adeline's face was beginning to hurt from all the fake smiling.

"I'm Petunia." She stuck her hand out to shake it while looking down her nose.

"That is a gorgeous name. Petunias have always been my favorite flower. And speaking of flowers, you seriously have the best lawn on the block. I skipped right over the other houses to come meet you all first! I need to get your gardener's name!"

"We actually do it all ourselves." Petunia bragged.

Adeline dramatically gasped, "You have a gift Petunia, I could never make my yard look that good."

"Mmm few possess my talents."

"I would love to hire you." Adeline joked with her.

"If you're looking for someone to do your dirty work, our nephew is more than capable." Vernon suggested.

Adeline turned to Harry with a small smile, "Is that so?"

"No payment necessary. The boy could use the hard work. Builds character."

"I would just love to have him."

"Then it's settled," Vernon sneered, thinking he was punishing Harry, "Harry, you'll go help Miss White with her yard once a week."

"Yes sir." Harry said trying to look upset, but bursting with excitement inside.

"Wonderful! How about you start tomorrow?" Adeline suggested to Harry.

"He'll be there." Petunia agreed.

"Alright then Henry I'll see you tomorrow." She gave him a subtle wink then turned back to the Dursleys, "So nice to meet you both. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other."