Chapter 7

6 months after the shooting
Lexies POV
Today was Belles 1st birthday. I can't believe my baby is 1 years old today. She been through so much lately but I hope today is a good day for her. I was back to brown hair already. Belle is looking more like me everyday but she has Marks eyes. I was walking into the day care center with Belle on my hip when Arizona walks in. "Happy birthday sweet girl." She says as Belle reaches for Arizona. "Auntie Arizona." She says as I hand Belle to Arizona. Oh Belle said her first word  a week ago before her 1st birthday. It was mama I thought it was gonna be auntie Meredith or uncle Derek or even uncle Alex but I was wrong. April and Jackson were living us too so it was very crowded. I was back in the attic with Belle. We were all recovering from the shooting. Well before we got here to the day care, I was being held up by security.

Flashback
I was coming in the hospital with Belle on my hip. The security guards wouldn't let us in. "I work here and this my daughter. She don't have an id badge because she's just 1 years old." I say to the security guard as Belle gets mad. Uh oh this is not gonna be good I thought. A unhappy 1 year old than I saw Chief Webber. "Chief Webber come tell them to let Belle and I in before Belle hits them." I say as he comes over to say we are ok to come in.

End of flashback

I hate the security thing and I think Belle does too because she was so close to hitting one of them. Mark and I have dealing with the hitting lately. Sometimes it gets bad and sometimes it doesn't. We didn't really trust her going to day care but Arizona said she would watch her when she can. "We have Katherine's surgery today. Her heart is coming in today." She says to me as she holds Belle in her lap. "Oh shoot I forgot" I say as I totally did. "It's ok we should go tell her mom. We can take Belle with us if you want but when we go into surgery we can see if her daddy, aunt or uncle are in surgery and if any of them aren't than they can watch her while we are in surgery with Katherine." She says as she hands me Belle and gets up. I get up with Belle on my hip.

In Katherine's room
We walk into Katherine's room to see Katherine sleeping and her mom was awake. "Mrs. Smith?" Arizona says as Mrs. Smith looks at us. I'm holding Belle on my hip. "Whose the baby on Dr. Grey's hip?" She says as she motions to Belle. "Oh that's Dr.Grey's daughter." Arizona says as I nod. "That's her?" Mrs. Smith says as I nod again. "She's 1 today." I say as I look at her. "Happy birthday to her." Mrs. Smith says as Mr. Smith walks in the room. "Her name is Isabelle but we call her Belle." I say as I see Katherine waking up. "Oh Katherine's heart comes today so her surgery is soon. Dr. Grey is gonna prep her for surgery." Arizona says as I hand Belle to her. I prep Katherine for surgery and get her to the OR.

After Katherine's surgery
It was now time for Belles birthday party. I invited the whole hospital even Callie even tho she betrayed me. Belle loved Callie and Callie is carrying Belles sister. I came out with the cake for Belle and she blows out the candles once we were done singing happy birthday to her.