Chapter 9

Trina's POV

I gasped as I opened my eyes. I could feel my eyes glow in the dark because of my emotions. I sat still without leaving my bed. The glowing golden eyes are now visible in front of the mirror. My heartbeat was racing like a horse.

I closed my eyes and heaved as I held my hair in disbelief and realised I was having a night terror.

"A nightmare, isn't it?" A sweet voice of a girl said.

I looked at the area where the voice originated.

"You!" I bellowed as I threw the nearest object beside my bed.

I throbbed in disbelief as I realised I had hit the mirror.

A tear fell in desperation.

"What do----" I gasped.

"WHAT DO EVERYONE WANT FROM ME!" I cried.

I gazed towards the door as I heard footsteps coming towards my front door.

My face darkened as I remembered I was here for my revenge.

Eventually, someone knocked on the door.

I stood up to answer, and my blank expression suddenly became friendly.

I slyly smiled as I opened the door, "Yes?"

"I--" he uttered. "I heard a noise. Are you alright?" 

I got puzzled but replied anyway. " Yes, yes, I am!"

"You're... pretty." He replied without thinking.

I sneered. "Excuse me?"

"I... I mean, you're Trinity, right?" He replied in panic. "I am..."

"Balaw." I retorted.

He frowned in confusion. "No, I am Lance. Lancelot Du Lac."

My eyes squinted when I heard what he said. "The Late King of England's best warrior?"

"No. I am his descendant. My mother just gave me his name since I am one of the best swordsmen in our family these days." He calmly replied as if he was used to such questions.

I rolled my eyes in a friendly manner, "Duh, of course! There is no way you're that legendary knight."

"Anyways, thank you for checking me in." I paused in realization.

"Although..." I raised an eyebrow in confusion as I continued "I am surprised that you heard the sound that's coming from my room."

I could see his composed expression of his turned to panic. "Well, as you could see... You know, I have established a name in this academy. They call me 'his majesty' or 'the dancing sword'. People say I am gentle with my sword. The truth is, I am not. I actually have a very sensitive sense of hearing." He explained.

I could sense that he was telling the truth. However, I doubt that it is the main reason that he heard me. I could sense a hint of secrecy. Besides, I could sense darkness from him despite the bright golden colour of his hair.