Chapter 5

Trinidad's POV

I heaved a sigh as I entered the huge gate of Habagatan Masbat Academy. The place where young hunters train and study.

The elegant view of the mediocre fruit-bearing tree called mango tree lines up as it guides you towards the breathtaking castle-like building, revealing the dazzling view of the high-rise building made of stone and a golden door.

My attention was drawn when I heard cheerings at the back of this building. It's not that they cheer too loud, I just can hear it as part of my abilities. I swiftly went to the place. Some eyes are on me as I walked through the aisle of this building.

Some are whispering, "Who is that woman?" and some of them are just minding their business.

I frown as I realized, humans never changed at all. They were the same as before, looking for gossip and doing nothing but being insecure and destroying other people's lives.

I made my stop as I stood at the side entrance of this Academy's open arena area. It's sandy but also has a li'l bit of Bermuda grass.

The match that I am watching is intense and interesting. I have never seen a hunter that only uses daggers for so long. It's been a while since I saw one. They usually use a dagger as an alternative in case of emergency but not as the main tool.

The most exciting part is she is a girl. People might think that dagger ain't that deadly except when you are stabbed multiple times, but of course, it ain't the truth. The reality is, daggers are more deadly in the hands of the true users called fangs.

I am not that certain yet if she's a user or not for the reason that maybe, she might be just too good at fighting with daggers, until...

I saw a glimpse of light from her dagger when her opponent slid his sword from her daggers and attempted to attack her. I saw everything with my bare eyes. It glowed and her right dagger initiated the attack because it sensed that her user is in danger. It was just her that doesn't realize it.

"The way she fights..." I said in disbelief.

She may be good, but still in the process of learning though. Obviously, people in this place no longer know the legendary fangs that once saved the world.

"Yes, no doubt she is." A familiar man's voice blurted.

Fangs are exceptionally skilled people who exert more power in daggers. Normally, sword users could defeat dagger users, but daggers in fangs' hands are a one-hit strike. Quicker than sword users and either poisonous, fatal, or deadly. Depends on the user.

It's not that they'll put poison to it because fangs normally command their daggers according to their will. Either to change the daggers' form or to produce poison. Their dagger normally chooses them, it is not the user that chooses it, but the dagger itself.

Once touched by the user, it will be given life. Though it can't talk, but glow, instead. May look beautiful but also can be cursed. However, humans can't see the glow. Unless they were powerful enough to see it.

I gazed in amusement when she suddenly turns around to trick her opponent by distracting him a little and delaying his attack. Yet, this did not stop her opponent though I caught his expression being bewildered somehow and made her final blow... I mean block.

She blocks all the attacks right from the beginning, I got disappointed a little bit because of it though. I am expecting a fierce fight, though I admit that it is intense. 

"Drea!" his opponent warily exclaimed as she fell to the ground. I am puzzled about what happened but one thing is for sure, I saw the blood that dropped on her face from her opponent's arm.