Five

AN/: Hello!! This is chapter five, and it is a long one, lolz. Okay maybe not that long, but it's gonna be longer than the chapters before I'm writing this authors note before I even started on the fic so now I actually have to write that much :/ whateves I guess I gotta start pushing myself or something 🙄

*~*
It had been six months since Shadow was left alone in that coffee shop. Six months since Twilight had broken up with him. Six months since Shadow's last chance on getting her back.

They have been a painful six months. An agonizing pain marinated inside of him. He had become bitter, lazy, and harsh.

His friends had tried to help him. He wasn't much of a talker, but Link and Shadow had formed a familiar bond with each other. They met shortly after graduation, and as time went on, their friendship grew.

After not hearing from him in almost two weeks, Link showed up unannounced at Shadow's house. He found him in a disturbingly depressing state. His room was dark with no signs of light. The floor was barely visible with clutter.

Link chastised him for the way he was handling it. Then let him vent. He later convinced Shadow to clean himself up while he cleaned his room.

After showering, Shadow found Link in his bedroom, sweeping the last pile of trash into the dustpan. He thanked him, and they left for lunch.

"What about here?"

Shadow looked up from the ground. He had been staring at it for the majority of the walk. He was met with the same coffee shop he last saw Twilight.

"No... nonot here."

Link was about to say something, then decided it was best not to pry. They continued walking.

"Have you heard about Johnny?"

"Bravo?"

Link nodded.

"No? What about him?"

"He got into some trouble with loan sharks."

"Figures." Shadow scoffed, rolling his eyes,"I told him he needed to cool it with the gambling."

"You know he was never one to listen."

Shadow laughed, "Yeah, well, where is he now?"

"Don't know. He skipped town a few days ago. Didn't say anything to anyone."

Shadow thought about that last conversation with Link. Johnny had left to escape the grips of gangs of loan sharks, and here he was escaping his own feelings.

He watched the wilderness pass by him as the bus continued to gain speed.

His phone went off. He glanced at it and felt his blood run cold with jealously. Twilight had posted a new picture. Her, Mordecai, and Rigby were hanging out late at night at some bar. Guess that answered his previous question about Mordecai and Rigby.

She looked happy. Shadow stared at her smile and thought about all the times she smiled at him like that. A smile of his own almost crept onto his lips until his eyes shifted over to Mordecai. He felt his grip tighten on his phone, so hard his hand began to shake.

Every time he looked at his stupid face, he felt unimaginable rage fuel his body.

He watched as a small crack began to form on the corner of his screen and suddenly dropped his phone. He hastily picked it up from the ground and jumped from his seat.