"Send me every song that keeps you up from sleeping I bet I could recite them all I won't forget the feeling. Of staying up with you despite the space between us I've never felt this close to someone, what if you're my weakness?" I finally take one look up at him, and he has tears building up in his eyes. I put my guitar down to reach up for him.

"No, I didn't want to make you upset," I tell him, sitting in his lap to hold him. "Baby, baby, I'm not upset, at all." He blinks letting a tear fall out but I catch it before it can stream down his face. "I just can't believe you wrote a song about me." He shakes his head in disbelief. Wait til he finds out this whole album is probably going to be about my breakup and how it led me to him. 

His tears make his eyes gleam, I cradle his face in my hands, running my fingers up and down his jaw. "I'd write a million songs about you," I whisper, before pressing my lips to his. "I'll shoot every puck for you." He says back making me cheese like the happiest girl on the planet.

After a while, we bake some cookies, watch some tv, and just talk. I learn more about him, from little things like his favorite color to some deep questions. We begin noticing how long we've been talking and take our talk to my bed. I wash my face, ordering him into the restroom to do the same. 

We get in bed, scooting closer to each other so we can continue talking. He takes a hand, and runs it through my hair, "I'm gonna miss you, Lee." he sniffles "It's easier when I leave because then I'm the one that's not stuck at home all day." he gives me a sad smile. 

"I won't be gone for too long, I'll be back Monday." I kiss his nose, tucking hir hair behind his ears. "Besides, I've already seen 2/3 of the Hughes brothers play, I have to go to figure out who does it better." I laugh trying my best to lighten up the mood. Jack scoffs, rolling his eyes before saying, "You know who does it better," and he rolls on top of me, slotting himself in between my legs, and resting his head on my chest.

I start playing with his hair, soothing him to sleep. My other hand traces shapes onto his back, scratching it the way I like it. He hums when I get to his lower back, wiggling away when it tickles. There were a lot of times when I wished I wasn't someone's girlfriend, but right now I am so happy to be the girlfriend of the warmest boy on me. Not even just temperature-wise, but on the inside too, he has such a warm energy I could cling to him all day.

Playing with his hair, and watching him sleep makes me tear up. I'm so happy to be able to exist with him, I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve him.

My alarm clock rings and I feel awful having to push my human form of sunshine off my body so I can go to Michigan. He grumbles when I try getting up, resting all of his weight on me. "Jack, honey I've got to get ready," I say softly, scratching his back. He rolls off, tugging all of my blankets over him as I move to the restroom to get ready. 

By the time I'm out, Jack is dressed, but looking exhausted. "You ready?" He asks gently, reaching for my hand. I nod my head, taking his hand with mine as he leads me to the car. Once we're settled inside, he picks my hand back up, intertwining his fingers with mine. "I have a few rules for your trip," He says softly, making me furrow my brows.

"I want a call every day, I want a picture of how stunning you look while you're gone, and I want you to have a fuckin' blast." He smiles at me, making the pit in my stomach disappear. I giggle softly and squeeze his hand, "I can do that, baby." 

Once we get to my drop-off location, he gets off the car and grabs my suitcase from the trunk. "Have a good time, I'll miss you." He kisses my forehead. "I'll miss you, stay safe for me," I tell him before walking away from him. I get settled inside, waiting for my plane to take off. 

My flight was pretty short and I kept myself preoccupied throughout it, the only part still scaring me is landing. But once it's over I feel like I can breathe. I grab my suitcase and get off the plane looking for the youngest Hughes brother. I search and search but I can't seem to find him until I catch sight of a few boys with a whiteboard that says 'Legacy Lee'