Kiribaku ft. Bakusquad

I slowly knock on Kiri’s door, hearing chatter and laughter inside. The door opened and Kiri smiled at me, “Hey Kats! What’s up?” I shrugged, trying to lean forward into his chest. “I wasn’t feeling good and- and I wanted to see you.” He stepped away before I was leaning on him and I pulled back before I could fall. “Oh sorry, but I’m hanging out with the squad.” He moves to the side, showing the whole squad playing mario kart. I felt my eyes begin to burn as I realised that they didn’t want me there. “O-okay. I’ll leave you guys to hang out.” I quickly walked away and to my room before anyone could see my wet eyes. As soon as my door closed I let myself cry. They didn’t want me there. They didn’t invite me. They didn’t let me in when I went there. Kiri, my boyfriend, didn’t want me to touch him. Am I that horrible? That bad that my friends didn’t even want to see me? I continued crying until I fell asleep holding myself. *The Next Morning* I woke up, looking like a mess and with my eyes burning from my crying. I quickly cleaned myself up before walking to the cafeteria to meet my friends. A few feet from the table I saw that there wasn’t room for me. Mina was laying along the bench, leaning against Kaminari with Kiri and Sero sitting across from them. I quickly turned away, heading to the classroom. Did none of them care about me? Did they forget about me? Did I do something wrong? I saw the squad walk in and turned away from them before they could see the pain in my eyes. They all began talking to each other again, not even acknowledging me. *Time Skip* I walked to Kiri’s door again, hoping I could get some comfort from my boyfriend. I knocked on the door and he opened it looking at it. “What’s up?” he asked. “I wa-wanted to hang out with you. We haven’t really done that in a bit.” He had a small grimace on his face. “Sorry, Kats. But the squad is hanging out today.” I felt my eyes sting and I tried to hold back my tears. It didn’t work. Tears began flowing down my face as I tried to excuse myself. “O-oh. OK. Sorry. I’ll g-go.” I turned to leave when I felt Kiri’s warm hand grab my arm, turning me back to him. “What’s wrong, Kats?” I shook my head, wiping my tears away. “Nothing. I’m f-fine.” he gave me a look of disapproval, probably for lying, and I broke. “Wh-why don’t you guys want to hang out with m-me? Do you not care about me anymore? Did I do something? I swear I can ch-change but I don’t want you all to leave me.” He brought his hand up and cupped my cheek. “Why do you think we’re leaving you?” I leaned into his hand. “You quit inviting me to squad days, you kick me from the table. I don’t know what I did but I can fix it. I swear. Please don’t leave me. I love you Kiri.” He pulled me into his chest, quickly. “Oh Kats. I’m not leaving you. None of us are. We just thought that you wouldn’t want to do that stuff cause you always act like you hate it. We didn’t mean to leave you out.”  I shook my head. “I don’t want to be alone anymore. You left me a-alone. You didn’t try to talk to m-me at all! I was all alone and I thought you guys hated me. I don’t want you guys to hate me. I can change if that would make it better. I could be nicer. O-or quieter. I just don’t want to be alone anymore.” He ran his fingers through my hair, slightly scratching behind my ear. “Oh love, you don’t need to change. We needed to better friends. We assumed we knew what you wanted but we were so wrong. I am so sorry. Why don’t you come lay down and we can cuddle. I’ll text the squad to reschedule and you’ll come with. Okay?” I nodded, still worried that maybe I’m intruding and they’d rather I not be there. I lay on the bed, my head laying on Kiri’s chest. He whispered sweet nothing to me, holding me tight. “I love you so much, Kat.”