Shigure: Always

As a writer, the canine zodiac always imagined the best endings to a love story. Even if it was a little cliché. Yet he couldn't imagine the best ending for his own love story.

Akito was an aggressive person, intimidating and controlling. Yet she wasn't always like this. At one point in her life, when her father was alive, she was a shy yet outgoing girl. Straightforward and confident. Not the dark and abusive woman she is now. Woman. She didn't even know what that was, what that meant. He could show her, but she still wouldn't get it.

Yet he still loved her. Always.

He still loved her even when she would show up to his porch unannounced after the curse had broken. Like now. Drenched in the rain and shivering against the cold, she was there.

Even when she was so lost, she still leaned onto him. He loved her for this. That small moment of weakness, allowing him to take care of her. Allowing him to get her dressed in dry clothing. Allowing him to cook for her and dote on her. Like he always wanted to.

He always loved her.

Even when her voice was shaken and her words were frightening. Ren had returned and taunted her. She didn't want to go back home. Home was scary. A cage waiting for her to be killed in her sleep.

He stroked her cheek lovingly as she just gazed up at him. He loved her so much. And she was just now realizing it. And he's realizing that she always loved him as well. It was why she always came back when she ran away. However this time, she stayed and let him love her, let him be loved by her.

Finally, he could say it. Finally he could claim her as his own.

"Don't you know? It's here, eternity. It's right here.
I'm always thinking about you. Before you came, something was missing.
I am here forever. You just haven't realized it.
I was waiting that day, and I never stopped.
I've been here, waiting. All this time. I've been right here, waiting for you."