Akito: Please, Stay

"Are you not feeling well?"

She stopped in running her fingers through her slightly sweaty bangs as his voice echoed through her ears. That voice full of sarcasm and poison. The voice that made her want to rip his face off but also curl up in his large embrace.

"Headache." She didn't want any of his humiliation right now. "Hatori. Go get Hatori."

Yet he only hummed. "He has his own life you know. You're not the only thing he thinks about."

"Well it should be. What happened to you?" She turned her head to him, hating that sarcastic, devilish look on his face. "Be kind."

"What do you mean, I'm always kind to you." *Lies.* His eyes told the truth to her, always.

"I need you to be kinder. Kinder! Like you were!" She stood up as the memories flooded her gaze. The camillia brushing her cheek as the nine year old her stared up into his gentle gaze. *Please.* Her voice pleaded as she asked for him to bring back those memories. "Be kinder.."

"..Maybe I will go get Hatori." He moved towards the door, trying not to turn back to the faltering god. He loved that woman more than he loved himself. Her pain was his own. He tried to force himself to leave, he could feel her hugging him from behind.

His breath hitched as his arms fell to his sides. She was shaking, afraid. So he couldn't bring himself to leave. Instead, he turned and took her into his arms. "Alright.. I'll stay."