63 What happened yesterday?

Start from the beginning

Anastasia cursed Emma under her breath. When did she called her? Right now, she can't even admit the truth. If she told her what happened? What is she supposed to answer?

"Oh my goodness." Anastasia acted shocked. "How can she lie like that? Me and drinking? Never!"

"Don't lie to me Anna. I know everything. You think you can fool me." Claudia looked at her suspiciously. "By the way, who was in your room last night? Emily said she heard noises from your room."

"What!? Emily?" Her soul felt like it left her body. "Did she came inside?"

When she asked this, Emily answered while leaning on the door. "No sis. Don't worry about it. Why will I disturb your personal time? After all, I don't want to traumatise myself." She said while teasing.

Anastasia threw a pillow at her. "Go and study!!" She became annoyed.

Emily showed her tongue and ran away from her room giggling.

"Mom! Don't listen to her. She might be hallucinating."

"Fine! Let's say she was hallucinating." Claudia nodded. "Then what about the phone? Who picked up your phone yesterday?"

Anastasia massaged her temples. She knew Ezen picked her call yesterday. But what should she say to her. "My friend. He picked the call."

"Did he dropped you in home?"

"No! I came here alone." She lied. Because she knew if she said the truth, Claudia will ask many questions about him.

"Don't lie. I was sitting near the entrance door all night. I didn't saw you coming."

"Mom you were sleeping. And... I came from the back door. Maybe that's why you didn't saw me." Anastasia tried to end the conversation.

"I know you are lying." Claudia looked at Anastasia suspiciously. She locked the back door herself. How did Anastasia came inside without knocking? She had lot of questions but she knew Anastasia was not going to answer it. That's why she let it slide. "Anyway... you have appointment with Miss copper today."

Mr copper was her therapist. At least once a month she had to meet her for check up. But Anastasia hated going there. Whenever she went there, she felt like she was sick.

"Miss copper? No mom. I don't want to meet her. I am fine." Anastasia whined.

"No! You are hiding lot of stuff from me already." Claudia scolded. "Maybe by talking with her you will feel better."

"But mom! I have lectures today. I have to study." Anastasia explained.

"When is your lectures gonna end?"

"6:30 pm. In the afternoon." Anastasia added extra hours just in case.

"Fine. Meet miss copper at Sunday." Claudia sighed. "I'll let her know you are not coming."
Saying that, she left her room dejected.

"Thank god." Anastasia sighed a relief and layed on the bed. She stretched her body lazily and yawned.

She was about to sleep again when she heard her phone ringing.

Anastasia got up from the bed and picked her purse which was laying on the ground. She took the phone out from it and checked the caller Id.

The call was from Equinox.

"Morning sunshine." Equinox voice sounded bright as usual. She was very excited about something. "Did you sleep well?"

"Well. Not exactly." Anastasia rubbed her eyes.

"Ohh? Why not?"

"I slept late last night. Maybe that's why." Anastasia answered with tired voice.

"That's bad." Equinox's voice saddened. "Actually... I wanted you to come here early."