18

"The car was intact. No sign of forced entry, no sign of a struggle. It seems he parked it himself and got down on his own. He was abducted outside the vehicle" the detective told Layla. He heart gave a violent thud. Why is this happening now?! Layla rubbed her temples in an effort to ease the thumping in her head. She's not slept in three days now and the lack of sleep was beginning to take its toll.

She thought of calling Ahmad and blasting him to hell but what good would that do? Especially now that he evidently can't be reasoned with and had Zayn's life on the line. She couldn't afford to to trigger him, He'd gone mad.

"I'll ask around the dealership, see if anybody saw anything. you can go home ma'am, we'll call you if we find anything"

Layla nodded politely and thanked him, reluctant to leave. She felt like she was leaving Zayn. But then, Rya was waiting for her and it was getting dark fast.

Layla picked up the baby from Mrs Amina and the first thing out of Rya's mouth was 'I want dada' Layla had to tell her that her dada had traveled. And that he'll be back soon. It was near impossible to lie to the little girl. They got to the estate in 15 minutes and to their apartment 5 more. Rya noticed the lights on, she scowled.

"I know I turned that off" she murmured to herself. Trying to confirm from her brain if she was just being paranoid or if there was really someone in her house. Did Zayn comeback?

She was tempted to bolt up the stairs and find out but a gut feeling told her she knew better. So Layla returned to the security at the estate gate.

"Please did Oga come back? I saw the light on in my house"

"No, no be oga. Na oga former madam" the security said. Layla's eyebrows shot up.

"Excuse me?"

"Na aunty B-

"Who the hell is b? And you just let someone into my house?! You gave her the key code?!!" Layla was full on yelling. She was in  no mood for whatever madness this was.

"Nooo ah. Aunty B get key code siiiincee" Layla's eyebrows shot up higher. Okay then aunty B.

'251214' Layla pressed the key code on the smart door and she heard the door click open. She could not wait to meet B. Layla practically sprinted up the stairs after putting down Rya who was fast asleep. She found the infamous B, lying in her bed, wearing Zayn's pajama top, sleeping, without a care in the world. Layla saw red.

There was a half drunk bottle of water on the mini fridge so layla did what any normal person would do. She emptied the bottle onto aunty B's face.

"What the hell is wrong with you!???? Are you insane?!!" Bintu yelled.

"No but you clearly have a few loose screws rattling inside you head" layla said very calmly.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" B asks

"The owner of this damn house, who the hell are you and why are you wearing my husbands clothes?"

Bintu started to laugh. Layla was yet to understand what was funny.

"I'm the love of your husband's life for 12 years now" she said 'husband' with air quotes around it like it was a joke.
"we were at the gym together and where supposed to meet up, then he ghosted me for days so I came here. And I bought him the damn pajamas" Bintu shrugged nonchalantly bringing her manicured hands to her waist. She smiled cockily. She knew she had kicked Layla in the heart. Layla was speechless.

"And to your 'owner of this house' bullshit, baba gave Zayn this apartment because he was going to marry me. It was our first wedding gift so you're not the owner of shit"