Part 8

It was Zarah. Her arm in Ahmad's, about to head into the restaurant. They were all dressed up, like they're on a date. So they're together now? Are they married?

"Layla, What are you doing here?" Zarah asked. Zayn picked up the silent hostility and awkwardness all around them and in her tone, he adjusted his stance, now entirely shielding me from them. No, no no that's about enough. I'm not going to be bullied by Zarah of all people. I walked around him and stood in front of them, I kinda wanted Ahmad to see that I was not dead. Or unhealthy, or "sagging and Hideous" like he said. Uncle farouq had a gym and I had a trainer after I had Rya. It's safe to say I'm still smoking hot. I shook my head at myself; that is something the old Layla will say.

Ahmad stared me up and down like he wanted to say something but decided against it. He looks behind me to Zayn and the sleeping baby. Oh hell no

"Is that a child?" Ahmad asks wide eyed

"What it is, is Absolutely none of your business" I say folding my arms. I was getting irritated fast. My heart was going a million a minute.

"Let's just go" Zarah whispered to him pulling his hand.

"No" he says stubbornly pulling his arm free from hers and walking towards Zayn.

"Let me see the baby" Ahmad says and Zayn chuckled humorlessly

"I think the fuck not" Zayn replied, cradling the baby closer to his neck away from Ahmad. Can I marry him?

"I don't want any problems you dumb giant, I just want to see if the baby you're holding could be mine" every part of his sentence brought my blood to a boil. Zayn was like 6 foot 3 inches, and Ahmad was 6foot, hence the giant insult. But him calling my child his after everything? He must have lost a few screws. All his screws if he thinks he has a claim on Rya. I was about to retort when Zayn spoke.

"If you're the father and you're not even sure if it's your child then you're as useless as a short... useless thing" he said the last part carefully, looking down at Ahmad to drive his point home. My eyes went wide and I wanted to laugh. Yeah I'm definitely marrying this one.

Ahmad's mouth opened and closed wordlessly. I smiled.

"Let's go Zayn" I said turning around and walking away. He held the door open and I got in the car, then he strapped in the baby. We drove off with Ahmad and Zarah watching with gaping mouths.

"Thank you for driving us"

"My absolute pleasure Layla" Zayn says staring right at me. Jitters soaked my skin as I fidgeted with the door handle. What the hell was that? He also came down, probably to help me take out the car seat. He gently unbuckled the baby and lifted her, then the baby bag. He was so careful you could see the concentration etched on his beautiful face.

"What are you doing?"

"walking you to your door. Looks like there is no one home" I stopped myself before I told him I live alone. Telling him that means telling him why I left home and I simply cannot allow that to happen. I like him. And I like that he likes me. Telling him why I left home will change that. Apart from Rya, meeting him is the only good thing that came out of meeting Ahmad. "Calm down Layla. You've only seen him like 5 times in your entire life" I murmur to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing. Yeah everyone traveled"

"You're sure you're good all alone?" is he like this or is he pretending? I'm curious.

"Yes I'll be fine" I say with a smile.
"Our car seat?"

"I'll be your ride until okon brings back your car. Just call me when you have anywhere to go"