26

Angel picked up a cute overall set that came with a cropped shirt from the rack of children's clothes in Burlington, then internally cursed herself out as she put it down

Angel picked up a cute overall set that came with a cropped shirt from the rack of children's clothes in Burlington, then internally cursed herself out as she put it down. She was supposed to be buying house decor but kept getting distracted with clothes she wanted to buy for Kaiya.

"Mommy can I get this, please? It's only one-oh-nine dollars." Kaiya tugged on her bell bottom jeans, causing her to look down at the toy in her hand.

"Yes but nothing else because your daddy said not to buy you anymore toys. Ok?" Angel took the pottery wheel set for children out of her hands, placing it in the cart while she nodded her head with a smile on her face.

"Y'all spoil my niece so bad. She don't even know what no mean." Shayla chuckled from the side of her, letting Kaiya grab her hand while Angel continued pushing the cart down the aisle.

"It's Roman's fault. He tries to sometimes but he get real soft for her. He would buy her a horse if she asked." Angel shook her head, then playfully rolled her eyes at the look on Kaiya's face who pretended as if she'd just had an idea.

"I just know y'all finna run them pockets dry when my babies come." She referred to the twins that Angel carried, making her nod in agreement because it was true.

Angel couldn't even remember the last time she'd used her own debit card for a transaction. Roman shut that down as soon as they started dating, and when they moved in together he took her to the bank to make her an authorized user on both his debit and credit cards.

She had thousands of dollars just sitting in her checking account that she'd made on her own, but Roman frequently deposited more in whenever he had leftover cash that he had no plans to use-which was practically all of the time.

Although she no longer lived at home, even Shayla and their mom Serenity still sent her money for her to use if she ever needed it. Everybody took care of her like she was still a kid but she didn't mind. If it meant more money for her, then so be it.

Since all of her money really just sat untouched in her account, Roman suggested she invest some of it into organizations of her choice so that it could multiply without her having to do any real work. She was looking into it but hadn't made any moves yet.

Anywho, the girls spent another hour at Burlington before it was time to go pick Raelle up from one of her friends house-one that Angel actually liked. Then they went to the nail shop to waste even more time, before finally making it back home.

Every time Angel walked into their new house, she fell in love all over again. They'd only been living there for about a week now, but she already loved it so much. It was so spacious, she couldn't wait until her babies were born so that they could fill up some of the extra space.

"You so damn hardheaded Angel." Roman told her with a frown after watching Kaiya open up her pottery toy in the living room.

"It was only a hundred dollars and I paid cash for it so it wasn't real money anyway." She shrugged her shoulder, beginning to pull the groceries out of the plastic bags they were in with the help of her sister.