02

The clock struck four on the dot as Roman entered HuggaMug Cafe, the sounds of the jingling chimes greeting him upon his arrival

The clock struck four on the dot as Roman entered HuggaMug Cafe, the sounds of the jingling chimes greeting him upon his arrival. It was windy out today so they blew a little harder than they did the previous two times that he'd been here.

Instead of the cafe being empty, there were three other people seated in different areas, all either with a book or a computer in front of them, and of course accompanied by coffee cups and small plates of food.

Not paying much mind to the people there, Roman walked up to the front counter and pressed the golden bell so that the waitress would be notified that he was there, ready to order.

He surprisingly wasn't as tired as he usually was. The day he'd spent at the hospital wasn't that bad, which was rare. He mostly spent his time restocking IV's and checking vitals; nothing too strenuous. His shift only lasted eight hours too, so that was another plus.

Still, he wanted a cup of coffee and another one of those breakfast sandwiches. This would be his third time coming to the cafe, and during his last visit he learned that the waitress's name was Angel. He didn't ask or anything, he just happened to read over the name tag she had pinned to her pink apron.

She talked a lot. He rarely said anything back and she still told him stuff he'd never asked about, and it always happened to be a fact or statistic of some sort. He wondered if she thought he was in school or something because of the scrubs he wore, and if that was her way of trying to get him to engage in conversation with her.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw her come from the back with a pitcher of dark coffee in her hand, and he watched her place it into a brewery machine, before heading his way.

"Good morning. Want some coffee today?" The same waitress greeted him with a smile after walking to the front, wiping her hands off on her apron.

"And a breakfast sandwich too. Same way." He told her, and she nodded her head. She rung him up, and once the pay screen came up, Roman tapped his phone on it.

He then went to go sit at the booth he'd sat in the previous two times, but this time he had his computer with him. He had some paperwork to finish up for his second source of income, and couldn't seem to find any time to do it at home so he figured he would work on it now.

Along with being a registered nurse in the city of Manhattan, Roman also was a real estate investor. Most of the properties that were in his name are privately owned completely by him, and the only two that had co-signers were all the way in California so he didn't worry too much about those. The other owners took care of them.

Lately he had been thinking about selling some of his properties. The housing market was going through an obvious crisis and almost every estate was losing value. If he held on to the ones he owned for too long, his profit would continue to lower.