18

For some reason-which was actually pretty clear and wasn't odd at all-Roman's body wasn't allowing him to go to sleep

For some reason-which was actually pretty clear and wasn't odd at all-Roman's body wasn't allowing him to go to sleep. He knew it was because his girlfriend wasn't in the bed with him, and it kind of pissed him off that he was genuinely this dependent on her.

Sometimes he wondered if the reason she would go to her own house for a few days at a time was that she'd grown tired of him and wanted some personal space. He wished he could say the same for himself, but he knew he would never ever get tired of her.

He didn't want to call her and ask could he come over or if she could come back home with him because he didn't want to seem like a pest, and she'd also only been gone for a day. That was 23 hours too long if you asked him.

It was crazy how he really did crave her presence during every waking moment. He hated when she went home and honestly wanted to ask if she'd just move all the way in with him, but then he thought again and realized maybe he was moving too quickly.

Their six month anniversary was in a few weeks, and he knew it could be considered a red flag if they moved in together this soon. He didn't care though. The only thing that was stopping him was his fear of her saying no; he wanted to save future him the embarrassment.

"Fuck it." He reached over on his nightstand to take his phone off of the charger, the time of 5:32 in the afternoon being illuminated on his lock screen-a picture of Angel, Kaiya, Faye and Raelle on Christmas Day as the background.

He watched the dialing display of FaceTime while waiting for her to answer, hoping that she wasn't too busy for him. He knew that she didn't have work today, but she'd told him earlier about her spending the day at her great-grandmother's house with her family.

Roman, on the other hand, had been home from work for a couple of hours now after pulling a double just to keep himself from bothering her today. Any other time he would've just gave in and called when he first begun to miss her, but since she'd be back over tomorrow for the trip they were taking, he opted to wait it out. Obviously that didn't work out.

It was starting to become clear to him just how much he dreaded being home alone. Kaiya was currently at her best friend's house, Raelle was at her's as well, and even Faye had plans today, currently at Friday night service.

"Hey baby. Look at my outfit!" Angel placed her phone up on the nearest stand as soon as the call connected, stepping back to show him what she was wearing.

She had on a fitted white shirt with baggy pink overalls, and croc boots that was the same color as her overalls-and were also covered in mud at the bottoms.

"You look good mama. What you doin'?"

"I'm gardening with my nana and my mom at my GG house. She's having a cookout later on tonight so we keeping ourselves busy for now. And I just needed a reason to put this outfit on 'cause the pastel color is so cute." She sounded so excited as she spoke, and it put a smile on his face.