13

Carrying three containers of cups, two pitchers of hot water and four coffee bags, Angel carefully headed towards the nearest counter while trying not to drop everything

Carrying three containers of cups, two pitchers of hot water and four coffee bags, Angel carefully headed towards the nearest counter while trying not to drop everything. She'd be in a world of trouble-and third degree burns-if she spilled the scorching water on herself.

She blew out a breath of relief once she made it, and returned to her previous tasks of stocking up the kitchen for the next shift's employees. She liked to make their job a little easier on them because she knew how hard it was to come in to work at six in the morning with nothing stocked.

Luckily all of the employees at HuggaMug cafe were close enough to where there were barely any problems during any of the shifts. They communicated with Angel and her Nana with respect-to which they returned-and that's how they kept everything smooth sailing.

Most of the employees had been working there for years now because there really wasn't a reason to quit. The pay was three dollars above minimum wage, they got healthcare, dental benefits, and a 401K too. The fact that management-Angel, her Nana, and her mom-were as sweet as they were was just an extra cherry on top.

Angel snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of the bells above the door ringing, letting her know that someone had just walked in. It was currently a little past five in the morning, so it was obvious who'd just come in.

"You look good in them tights mama." Roman walked in the side door to the kitchen, and she smiled, opening her arms up for a hug.

"You look so tired pooh. Do you want coffee?" She held his face after he'd kissed hers, and he shook his head no.

"I'm tryna go straight to sleep when we get home and if I drink some, I'ma be up for a few more hours." He then kissed her forehead, and she chuckled, rubbing her hand down his back.

"You think you're slick. I told you not to come up here today." She looked up at him to watch him shrug as if he didn't care. Knowing him, he really didn't.

Angel had been at his house for almost a week now, so she'd told him she would be going home today to go check on her house and give his family some personal time with him, but of course, he wasn't going for that.

Though he swore up and down that none of them cared that she stayed over, Angel felt it was selfish of her to take up his time the way that she did. He wanted to spend every waking moment with her and she thought that was unfair to the rest of his family.

Obsessed was an understatement.

"You don't run me. I run you. Now go get yo' stuff so we can go." He tapped her ass after he let her go, and she stared at him for a few seconds before turning around to go do as told.

Whatever helped him sleep at night.

Roman waited out in the dining area while Angel went to go finished stocking, and once she was finished she grabbed her bag out of her locker. She made herself a breakfast burrito before locking the kitchen up completely.