Chapter 4: No more Living

[The forest of no more]

The three made in and Nanako was surprised.

Nanako: What? I didn't expect to see the forest as long like this.

Hitoshi: That was before, they saw it a long time ago. They really grow.

Nanako: But so fast. (Sighed) Don't forget that this forest is overrun by demons.

Hitoshi: Demons don't scare me.

Nanako:  Whatever you say, daredevil. (She said in a low tone)

Fang: Alright, which direction are we going to take?

Nanako: We will head at the south and then the way out will be at the east. (While reading the map, then looking at her compass)

Hitoshi: I see. Now let's get to it.

Nanako: You have being acting like a leader and it doesn't suit you.

Hitoshi: Why did you say that?

Nanako: I have the map. So I know any places in this country.

Hitoshi: Oh right.

Then all of a sudden, the ruffling of wind was heard and they were surprised as Hitoshi and Fang brought out their sword. Nanako who doesn't have a weapon decided to position her stance with her hands raise up like as if she was about to fight. The ruffling stills continues and Hitoshi looks round as he didn't see anything. The noise was then heard at their back, Hitoshi turned back and was surprised same to the two, as it was a tree monster which was the same height to them. He was about to slash off its head but the monster hit him, causing him to go back with speed and then slammed his back to a tree.

Nanako: Hitoshi! (He yelled and Fang came and...)

Fang: Poison Inburst (He said while rasing his finger close to his mouth)

The tree monster's head started to shake as the poison was inside flowing around the neck and then stayed stiff. Fang was shocked while having a thought.

Fang: What it didn't penetrate it. (And the tree monster hit him while he falls to the ground)

Nanako: Fang! (Had a thought) Tch! My ninjutsu wouldn't work.

Hitoshi ran towards the monster with his sword and he sliced its head. And it was over while the monster fall to the ground. Hitoshi was panting while looking at the monster and Fang walked up to meet him.

Fang: What was that?

Hitoshi: I don't know. Why don't you ask, miss know-it-all (he said while he looked at Nanako)

Nanako: Well I don't know. I only said it was full of miseries. People that know the story haven't said that there was monsters. I only heard that they were demons, but I don't know if it is true.

Hitoshi: Is that so (suddenly, groups of tree monsters came while running towards them. They were large in number)

Nanako: What are we going to do now? (She said frighteningly)

Fang: Nana, take this (throws a knife to her as she caught it) You can use that as your weapon. The blade is poisonous so it can help you take them down (then had a thought) But it wouldn't work on them.

Nanako: Thanks. I think it will be manageable.

Fang: Manageable! (He said while he was surprised)