11. Special Argent

October 18th, 2022
8:26 AM

Forest, Springfield, Ohio

   They would be in Springfield within an hour, while the Pack Van would be there until 9:49 AM. They stopped in front of Eli's house, which Stiles had searched for when searching for the boy. "Are they in there?" Stiles whispered, but Honor shook his head.

   "They had to have left within the past ten minutes," Honor closed his eyes as Stiles strapped his knife to his ankle and strapped the holster around his hip the gun was in.

   "You got a scent?" Stiles asked, reaching out his arm for Honor to scoop him up and speed off again.

   The omega closed his eyes as if they were open. He would get motion sickness worse than he already had. "Fuck... she is smart. She is leading us in circles." Honor was hyperventilating, but Stiles looked into his eyes and spoke calmly.

   "Focus on your scent, search for a heartbeat attached to the scent, find Eli's," He said, and Honor nodded, trying to stop freaking out so much. He could have fought for Eli when he first met him when he was first in Springfield in 2015. "Stop thinking. Listen to your instinct," Stiles snapped, and Honor focused.

   Stiles quickly closed his eyes when they took off first. Kate must have gotten to him in the past 24 hours... she hadn't gotten to him too much. Honor was focused too much on the heartbeat and not his surroundings. 

   He widened his eyes when he heard the trip wire being set off. He tried his best to slow down and sit Stiles down safely, but he was still hitting the ground on his right leg at 50 miles per hour.

   Honor's heart stopped when he heard Stiles' leg fracture in several places, and he froze like that would reverse what had just happened. "A were-cheetah, interesting," he heard her familiar psychotic voice, leaves, and twigs shaping under her heeled boots. 

   Stiles breathed through his pain to look up, disoriented. He saw Eli. The little boy was glaring at him angrily, but not as much as he was looking at him concerned. He heard the bone-cracking, too, "Hey, Stiles, fancy seeing you-" She stopped when Stiles pulled out the gun and pointed it at her.

   "Eli, step away from her," Stiles said carefully as Kate froze. She recognized the gun as the one she lost when she 'died' a few years ago. Stiles had stolen it from the Argent house along with the bullets so they could find a cure in case one of the pack members was shot with another wolfsbane bullet.

   "You know it isn't kind to steal Stiles," Kate chuckled, "What would your father say?" She cocked her head menacingly.

   "Elias, Step. Away," Stiles snapped, looking at the boy and seeing the confusion on his face. Confused about how they got here so quickly, confused as to who was up in the net connected to the trip wire, confused as to why there was a trip wire when his mother said they were leaving this shit town, and confused as to why this total stranger was pointing a gun at this woman protective of him.

   "Stiles, You are so adorable pointing that thing at me. Do you even know how to use that?" Kate chuckled, and Stiles pointed at the woman's thigh, pulling the trigger. Kate shrieked in pain, resembling a jaguar's howls.