Chapter 27 - The Groom's Decision

Start from the beginning

"Mom, I'm sorry but I have to g-"

"Shut up and listen to me." She gritted her teeth. "Whatever this is, go afterwards.

"But Olivia needs me a-"

"If you don't get back inside and decide to drive out of here, I'll never forgive you."

Ms Hudson was certain that he would go back inside since they had recently patched things up and the last thing he wanted was to be on bad terms with her again. Confident he would obey, she turned around to head back inside to calm the situation.

Suddenly, the revving engine and Natalie's screaming caught her attention and when she looked behind her, her eyes widened as she saw Ethan fasten his seatbelt.

Regardless of the consequences, he had made his choice to go to Olivia.

As he reversed the car, Natalie constantly banged on the windows as she begged for him not to leave her but it was all for nothing and when he drove off, she dropped to the ground with her teary eyes shut.

Her father placed his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. Even if it wasn't in the way he had imagined it, his worst fear came true about Ethan.

~

When Ethan arrived at the apartment, the tires screeched when he hit the brakes since he drove into the yard as fast as he could.

He had even received countless calls but ignored them every time he looked at the caller ID and it was his mother, Natalie or her father. He only planned to answer when he would see one specific caller ID and hoped it would be soon.

As soon as he stepped out, he loosened his necktie and rushed inside. Just in the living room, he called out to Olivia as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Angela then came down the stairs and when he saw how her face was smeared in her own tears, he felt his stomach turn.

"How..... how is she?" he asked as he walked up the stairs.

"I'm so glad you're her-"

"Just tell me how she is for crying out loud!" He yelled as he rushed past her, desperate to see Olivia.

Once he got to the door, he barged in and breathed faster when he saw Olivia laying in bed and loosely holding onto what covered her. Her shivers had gotten worse and he placed his hand over his mouth with worry.

He instantly rushed to her side, sat on the bed and placed his hand on her forehead to wipe off the sweat.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Ethan?" said Olivia, barely audible.

"Yes, I'm here."

"It ......hurts everywhere," she said quietly, her voice trembling.

He held onto her hand and gently squeezed it. "You'll be alright. I'm here now."

As soon as he spoke to Olivia softly, he made Angela flinch when he suddenly yelled, "Why hasn't the doctor arrived yet?"

Angela held onto the wall to keep her balance. "Wh-what doctor?"

"The family doctor! I spoke to her on the phone and....." he trailed off when he realized Angela knew nothing about it and he was so stressed out that he took it out on the wrong person.

He then took out his phone and as he dialed the doctor's number, his hand couldn't stop shaking. When the doctor picked up, he impatiently asked how much longer it would take for her to get there. To his relief, she had just arrived so he instructed Angela to bring her inside.