♡8.We are getting married♡

Jungkook's POV

I was in my second year of college when I started working on my dream project: my own car company. I spent months gathering information, researching cars, and creating a detailed presentation that would convince my father and his board members to invest in my idea. I was nervous, but I knew I had to take this chance.

I approached my father and asked for permission to arrange a board meeting. At first, he denied my request, but after some nagging, he finally agreed. So, I found myself standing in front of the board members, ready to pitch my idea.

"That's all, gentlemen," I finished, feeling proud of the work I had done. I waited anxiously for their comments, hoping for some positive feedback.

"Mr. Jeon, we have been manufacturing car parts for 12 years. Don't you think we can't sell cars on our own?" an old man asked me skeptically.

I took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. "Yes, if we had a good source, we would have developed it by now," I replied, hoping to convince them of the need for my project.

But the other board members kept questioning me, asking for more details and challenging my ideas. I tried my best to stay patient and polite, answering their questions as best I could. But deep down, I was starting to feel frustrated and angry.

At the end of the meeting, the board members told me that I couldn't develop a car, crushing my dreams in an instant. I looked to my father, hoping for some support, but he remained silent. In that moment, I felt betrayed and abandoned.

Angry and hurt, I stormed out of the company, my dream shattered.

I was feeling so defeated as I lay on Jimin's lap, pouring out my frustrations about my failed attempts at getting a loan for my company. Eunwoo had suggested that I go to the bank for a loan, but no one was willing to help me. I felt so hurt and frustrated, wondering if anyone would ever invest in my company.

Jimin listened to me patiently, his calming presence soothing my anxieties. "Don't say that, Kookie," he said gently. "You're doing great. This is just an exam, and I know you'll figure something out."

"But everyone I've talked to has told me my idea is trash," I said, feeling defeated. "Even the banks won't give me a loan."

Jimin was quiet for a moment before speaking up. "Wait, Jungkook," he said, getting up from the floor. "I have something to show you."

I waited as he disappeared, wondering what he could possibly have to show me. When he came back, he had a small passbook in his hand.

"What's this?" I asked, feeling curious as I opened it up to find Jimin's name on the account.

"Remember how you send me your savings every year?" he asked, smiling. "I've been saving that money for you, and I opened this account to keep it safe."

I frowned, feeling frustrated. "But Jimin, I gave you that money for you to use. Wasn't I? I raised my brows.

" Yes, Jungkook. But I want to-----"

"Why did you just save it? DIDN'T I TOLD YOU TO USE THIS MONEY FOR YOUR EXPENSE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ALL THESE YEARS, JIMIN? AND EUNWOO? DID YOU ASKED HIS HELP TO SAVE THIS MONEY? " I got irritated and the thought of him doing his part time jobs and him living a hard life,appears on my mind.

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I saved it for our wedding," he said quietly. "I didn't want to be a burden on you, and I wanted to be able to give you the diamond ring you deserve. I don't know how much is in there because I've been saving it for nine years, but I know it's somehow enough for you to start your company."