i, eight

BLOOD WILL CUT DEEPEST INTO THEIR OWN BLOOD

Six days is what it took Nathan Simms to convince Colonel Weaver to let him go on recon with her and the Commons. Five hours of bugging the man about it, throughout each of those six mornings he was assigned with his group and the fifty year old. Until he had enough and agreed.

He may have been one of the Colonel's right hands, but he'd rather spend half a day running from Skitters and Mechs around his own age, over Weaver. Not to mention, the nightly scouts and watches were everlasting when spending it in utter silence.

And it would be nice for a change to spend all those hours that wasn't one of Weaver's or Jameson's people. But someone he actually considered a friend, as much as he did Farley and Wilson.

Elizabeth took the two bottles he handed out as he joined her at the table. The people standing at the table and surrounding ones, preparing for their shifts as they soon would relief others. Others begun returning from the last food scavenging of the day.

The last of daylight having turned to dusk two hours ago, clock only few hours from midnight. And they had an hour left till they would be needed at Back Bay.

She stuffed the bottles in the backpack, not bothering about the order of things in her bag as she usually would've. After all the Skitters and Mechs wouldn't care about that if they got caught anyway.

And for now, most of Boston didn't have a significant increase of Alien activity. But that hadn't meant there weren't any ambushes or surveillances.

In fact, it was getting harder to forget about the amount of recent teams that managed to dodge looking dead right in the eye, by taking notice of their presence with just a hundred of seconds.

As if they knew that the increasing lack of human presence on the streets, meant they had been hiding some place. And if that some place, where the Second Mass had been hiding was found. The number of lives lost and children taken, would be disastrous.

No, Elizabeth wasn't going to risk going out there to be on watch and not have enough to watch their backs, as well as her own.

"Nate." The dark haired boy looked up at his friend, brows raising in question as he waited for her to speak up. "Do you have a clip of extra ammo you could miss?"

"Yeah, sure." The twenty one year old reached into the inner pockets of his jacket, before handing a clip to her. "Here you go."

She thanked him, fingers fumbling the rounds in the side pockets of her backpack, as she made sure they were secure enough not to fall out.