Chapter 7- Family Reunion

A/N I currently do not have time to go back and re-write this story, but I will eventually. You'll notice moving forward, some of the characters- namely Chloe and Lucifer- will think in italics, so you can get a better idea of how they're feeling. (Wow this sounds lame.)

Also I meant to post this over a week ago and it's just been chilling in my drafts. Oops.

Lucifer's hand shot up to his now bleeding face. A small crunching sound followed as he adjusted the misplaced bone. Everything always hurt like a bitch when the Detective was around. Fucking hell. He glared at his attacker, a tad more than mildly irritated. Chris stood heaving in front of him. His once white shirt crumpled and bloodstained, his lips fat, someone had obviously hit him. He got ready to scream at Chris, call him an idiot, a traitor, a dipshit. Tell him he didn't have time for this, he had to find his moronic twin before he hurt Chloe.

In his momentary rage, he almost missed the trembling Detective hiding behind the tattooed man before him. He took in the sight of her. Her makeup was smeared on her face, her flowy garment torn at the shoulder and hip. She looked truly frightened. Confusion, rage, worry and panic hit him all at once, much like a wrecking ball. He tried to keep his tone level, "Detective..." He took a step forward. "Are you alright?" What did you do to her? Did you harm my Detective?

He didn't miss how Chris straightened and she cowered behind him. He froze, confusion taking over everything else. His heart fluttered in his chest. She was scared of him, he could tell that much, but why?

"You stay the hell away from her." Chris snapped, a feral growl erupting from his chest. He stood with the posture of someone looking for a fight.

"I beg your pardon?" Party goers in the immediate vicinity watched as Lucifer stepped up to Chris, testosterone clearly filling the air. Lucifer wasn't going to back down from his human, not when he was standing between him and Chloe.

"Chloe." Ella spoke from behind Lucifer, causing the distressed woman to look at her. "That wasn't Lucifer."

The blonde ogled her friend, perplexed. Her gaze went back to Lucifer, Her head cocked slightly. He wasn't wearing the brown suit she had seen him in minutes before. Had he changed again? What the... He was wearing black slacks and a button up, with the same black shoes he had been wearing before the drink mishap. He had decided to forego the vest, and the look was topped off with a different white suit jacket than before. She continued her perplexed examination as she slowly stepped from behind Chris.

Without thinking, Cerulli reached to grab her bruised arm to pull her back.

She yelped, her free hand shooting to ward him off, but he had already let go.

"Chloe I'm sorry I didn't... God... Jesus Christ, what did he do?" His eyes widened at her purpling arm in shock. It was swelling, ugly bruises discolouring her flesh.

Lucifer briefly rolled his eyes at the man's choice of words but swiftly recovered. He gracefully moved to the side, gently wrapping one arm around Chloe's shoulders and taking her damaged arm in his free hand. He turned it over this way and that with as much care as he could muster, examining the damage his brother had done. Anger- no rage, kindling in his core. Once ignited, it exploded like a wildfire. His skin felt warm, his face hot, his eyes burning. Not in front of these people. Not when Chloe needed him to stay calm, to be the bigger person. He couldn't lose control now.

Before Chris could say anything in protest, Ella slid her arm through his, whispering something Chloe didn't quite catch, but sounded to Lucifer like, "He has a twin, we can explain later."