Chapter 6- A Halloween Bash, A Ruined Suit, A Busted Lip, & A Bloody Nose

*October 31*

"Absolutely not, the woman is over seven months pregnant. Are you mad?" Lucifer stood in his penthouse with his arms crossed, glaring at Dan who was sitting on his sofa.

In fact, the space was pretty crowded right about now. Dan, Ella, Chris, Linda, Amenadiel, Maze, Trixie and himself occupied the open space he considered a den. In celebration of solving their last case, Lucifer had of course decided it would be a great idea to throw a Halloween bash at LUX. And because he liked to throw parties. Somewhere in the process it turned into a full blown no costume, no entry. They were all dressed up, except for Maze, who had offered to take Trixie trick or treating. After some protesting of course, the Detective had agreed to let her take the Urchin out. Her back had been bothering her lately anyways.

Linda, who was eight months pregnant at this point, butted in. "Lucifer, Chloe is fine to come hang out downstairs for a while. I'm going. You need to let her live."

Lucifer turned to his therapist with an exasperated look. "No, I don't care about that. Detective Douche wants to pull her onto the serial killer case." It should have been obvious, they had been talking about it for over ten minutes.

"I don't see the problem." Linda shifted, leaning into a more comfortable position.

"Lucifer's just freaking out because the psychopath is killing pregnant women," Ella rolled her eyes.

Next to her, Chris sat Motionless. He was Dressed as Dracula. Wearing a white dress shirt, bowtie and cape, topped off with realistic looking fangs, fake blood and face makeup. His left hand gripped Ella's. Lucifer thought Ella was supposed to be some sort of vampire queen. They made a weird couple, but Lucifer tolerated Chris for both Ella's and the Detective's sake.

"Yes and don't you think that might be a bad idea to get her involved in that?" Lucifer gave the forensic scientist a pleading look. "I have no problem with her being in the field. She's got..." He looked Chris up and down, taking in his slender form. "Well she's got me, anyways. I just- Please Daniel, don't mention it to her."

"Lucifer, I can't take the case. Chris is her partner and this is right up his alley. Between the three of you, you'll catch this guy." Dan reasoned. "He's been out there a long time and lets be real. Chloe has the best solve rate. If anyone can crack this one, it's her."

Lucifer huffed and was about to argue when Chloe stomped into the room.

"My costume doesn't fit, I'm not coming." She frowned into the room.

Lucifer turned towards the bathroom that she had just come out of. She had the 70's dress that had fit her two weeks ago in her hand and had settled for the leggings and sweatshirt she had been wearing previously. She had her blonde hair done in a classy up-do. Her bright red lipstick played nicely with her light eyeliner and rusty brown eye shadow. He smiled at her, slightly amused by her frustration. They were supposed to match, not that it mattered to him, but he could tell she was slightly upset about it.

She gasped when she saw him. He looked absolutely gorgeous. He smoothed the wide collar of his black button up as he approached her. To pair with that he wore a white suit jacket and vest, with crisp white bell bottom slacks. His silver belt and cuff links, along with his small black pocket square tied the look together nicely.

He put his hands on her shoulders, rubbing down her arms gently. "Is that what you want?"

She looked up at him, taking a breath. She glanced over his shoulder at their friends. She didn't want to cause a scene, but she was particularly hormonal at the moment and finding out the dress that had had room for her to grow two weeks ago didn't fit her, made her feel like the world was ending. Yes a tad dramatic, but she didn't have anything else to wear for her costume. She knew it wasn't really that important, so she felt pretty silly when the tears started streaming down her face.