iiii. illuminated

Começar do início

"We made a good guess." Stiles adds, correcting his behavior.

"What were the two of you doing?" The Agent glances at his son and Kira.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

Kira and Scott answer at the same time.

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

They try to fix their mistake.

"Eating sushi and pizza."

The two finally correct.

"You believe this?" McCall asks Stilinski.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." He starts.

Asher chuckles. She scoffs in offence when she feels Lydia smack her on the thigh.

"But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it." Stilinski finishes.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" McCall gets her attention.

The girl looks at Scott as Stiles and Lydia lean forward to persuade her answer. Her gaze moves towards Asher, who shrugs. Kira finally looks up at McCall and nods.

"Yes. Could I get my phone back now?" She asks.

The Agent nods. "Sorry, but no."

After a few minutes, McCall opens the office door and hands Kira's phone, AKA evidence, to an officer. He steps back and lets the kids out.

"Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first." McCall tells her.

Kira glances behind her at Scott, getting a tight-lipped smile before looking at Asher.

"See you tomorrow, Kira. Glad you're alive." She smiles.

Kira laughs silently and watches her leave.

--------------------

It's the next morning and Asher is pushing open the door to the coffee shop she works in. She always goes in before school and works two to three hours. And then after school, she works around five.

"Nicole, please say you've made the bagels." Asher calls from the back room as she puts her stuff in her locker.

"You know I did, Ash." Nicole hums.

"You're literally the best." Asher smiles, coming up beside her.

She ties her apron around her waist before running a hand through her hair, looking surprised momentarily when it stops short.

"Keep forgetting you cut it?" Nicole raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah." Asher sighs.

Nicole stops and leans against the counter. She looks the girl up and down. "Something's going on with you. What is it?"

Asher gives her a confused look. "No idea what you mean."

The girl starts to lay out the food display.

"Come on, Asher, give me the gossip. I'm getting old, I need the drama to survive." Nicole begs,