Chapter 13: Kikyo, Konoha, and the Dangerous Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Make wave for the pass Lady Takara!"

Then there was a woman in her mid-forty approached them. Of course, Kikyo knew Aoi had told her everything. This woman was Lady Takara whom someone was talking about. Her hair are white, her eyes are golden, and she wore her beautiful blue-and-white kimono with purple robes around her. 

"Aoi, these are the eight travelers that you've been spoken of?" Takara asked, frowning.

Aoi bowed down, nodding. "Yes, My Lady. They came all the way to the Northern Land. This woman claimed to be a priestess and the seven men are also the Band of Seven."

"I see." Takara said as she faced them, "Is it true that you eight want to stay here for a night?"

Kikyo nodded. "Yes."

"Very. Aoi, I want you to lead them to the guest house. And make sure they are well-fed."

Aoi nodded with a smile. "Yes, Lady Takara."

"Do forgive me, Lady Takara, do any of you have a weapon store? I need more arrows." Kikyo said.

"Yes, they are at Jirou's place. He owned the store. If you desire the weapons, then you shall go." Takara said before she could send Sanda to take Kikyo to the weapon store to keep an eye on her.

***

So Sanda brought Kikyo to Jirou's place where she could buy new arrows. However, she brought twenty pieces and was ready to pay the money to an old fox. Before she could, she sensed the unfamiliar aura that was hiding in the room. Then she noticed a half-demon dog was hiding behind the desk. She looked familiar. She looked actually like Kagome. She had black-tinted blue hair and icy blue eyes. She also looked like Sesshomaru.

"That's Konoha." Sanda interrupted her, introducing her to the baby half-demon dog. He smiled and continued, "Jirou had found her somewhere in the forest, so Lady Takara decided to let him keep her as he adopted her as a granddaughter."

"I see. Where is she from?" Kikyo asked the young demon fox.

Sanda shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea. She wouldn't tell us where she is from because she lost her memories."

Kikyo hummed at this, staring at the little half-breed dog Konoha. Then she began to come up to her carefully as she kneel down in front of her.

"Hey, there. Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." Kikyo said, making Konoha come to her. She watched her walking towards her slowly as she noticed Konoha looked nervous.

She gave her a smile, "My name is Kikyo and I'm a traveler. I won't hurt you, I promise."

Then Konoha came up to her and touched Kikyo's hands as she gazed at her curiously.

She smiled at her. "See? I won't hurt you."

Sanda folded his arms as he watched them. "Well, that is cute."

"Do you know where your grandfather is?" Kikyo asked her, wondering where could Jirou be. Sanda wondered the same way.

Konoha shook her head, and she didn't know where he was at.

"She doesn't know, so you'll have to leave the money on the table," Sanda suggested her.

Kikyo sighed, putting the coins on the table before leaving the store.

"Kikyo..." Then she stopped as she heard a little girl's voice calling out to her. She turned around and saw it was Konoha.

"Kikyo..." Konoha managed to call out to her.

"So you can speak, I see," Kikyo said, smiling at her.

"She was too afraid to talk to us, except for Jirou. She always talks to him when she was alone with him." Sanda told her.

"I see," Kikyo said. Before she could get any answers, they heard a loud noise from outside in the village. They turned their heads and heard someone yelling.

"Everyone! Everyone! We're being attacked by Naraku in our village! Quick, prepare yourselves for battle!" A white two-tailed fox yelled as he dashed all the way into the village.

Konoha gasped in fear. All three of them went to see what it was, the village was being attacked by Naraku's demons that Kikyo never expect to see.

Kikyo glared. She saw Naraku standing on top of the pine tree. Sanda's blue eyes went widened as he watched Naraku demanding all the demons attack the white foxes' village.

"Go, demons! Go and find me the girl!" Naraku demanded as he pointed towards the village.

Then Bankotsu and the others arrived in no time alongside Takara and Aoi.

Sanda gulped in fear. "Wh-what are we gonna do!?"

Takara frowned as she spun around and commanded, "Aoi, I want you to take Konoha and run, okay? Just run and don't look back! Naraku won't stop at nothing!"

Aoi nodded in response before she took Konoha's hand and then headed towards the exit.

"Wait! I wanna go with you, you guys!" Sanda shouted, running towards them.

"No, Sanda! It's too dangerous," Aoi said.

"But I can't just run away and hide from Naraku! I wanna protect Konoha, too! Please!" Sanda begged before Naraku noticed they were trying to help Konoha escape.

Aoi sighed in defeat. "Alright, let's go," she said before all three of them ran their lives and Naraku started to chase after them. Aoi quickly transformed herself into a three-tailed white fox, "Quick, get on my back, Konoha!"

Konoha nodded in response as she got on her back and then retreated themselves from Naraku, but they only needed to keep the little half-demon safe from him. Before Naraku could chase them down, Kikyo stopped him as she used her sacred arrow to distract him.

Then Naraku began to smirk. "Kikyo, it's been a long time since we saw each other. Have you forgotten that you used to work with me to kill Kagome and Sesshomaru?"

Kikyo glared at him. "Silence! If you want the little girl so bad, then you'll have to go through me first!"

"Or else!" Bankotsu and his six brothers shouted as they stood beside Kikyo and prepared for a battle.