The brighter one

I see no stars tonight, I see no moon either. It's that type of night again; where neither the stars nor the moon will be there by my side.

But I don't want to be sad instead I would like to reminisce about those nights when I was not alone and those promises that I made with my friends and smile again as I remember how brightly they shone to reassure me.

I would like to recall my first reaction when I didn't see the moon; at least to be said I.was.terrified but now.... now I would rather laugh it out.

The moon did mention it before though; about those nights, about it being not there. It said 'I have to be brave, that I need to let my inner light grow bigger, and let it shine much brighter than it shines that I have the potential to be the sun' but the truth is that I  can't even imagine a person shining much brighter than the stars, than the moon itself let alone be the sun, but... but I like to though; I would love to imagine a person like that.

I once heard that the moon has many lovers and admirers, me being one of them is it really wrong of me to think that if I shine brighter than the moon there will be an admirer of me too? I mean there has to be! Right?

If I shine brighter than the moon I will be just like it even better as my imperfections will be more visible to the eyes and that will make me even more perfect as I will shine even brighter.

I would like it and that's why maybe it's the only reason I'll try. Then I would smile at this moment in the future.
Maybe? Maybe..

                                  -dark_mt_heart