Episode 8: Rage Awakened

Whack!

Sora yelps as he gets launched back several feet away, rolling across the ground before coming to a rest. He pants as he struggles to get back up, glaring with a frown at the army of Heartless in front of him. A specific breed of Heartless that wore armor and brandished swords called Armored Knights.

 A specific breed of Heartless that wore armor and brandished swords called Armored Knights

Leading them was a new type of Heartless. Yet something about their appearance was familiar to him...as if he had fought them before in another life. A Dual Durandal.

What started as just a normal day of hanging out with Lux and the others in the city became an unrelenting battle for survival

What started as just a normal day of hanging out with Lux and the others in the city became an unrelenting battle for survival. Nearly an hour of fighting later, and the Heartless still showed no signs of letting up on their assault. The now weakened Keyblade wielder had just gotten back up before being knocked again by the Durandal, groaning in pain as he clutched his chest.

Lying on the ground, he looks up at the intimidating Heartless as it slowly approached him. Struggling to get up, Sora closes his eyes as the Durandal reels its arms back for a finishing blow. His mind raced with thoughts, feeling dread and panic.

Sora: 'I can't die here! My friends...Kairi...Lux...!'

Before he could be struck down, a blast of starlight energy knocks the Durandal into the crowd of Knights. Lux landed in front of the surprised but thankful Keyblade wielder, as the rest soon land around them while fending off the approaching Heartless. The pink-haired Star Guardian shoots away a few more Knights that were too close for comfort before looking at Sora. Her face was filled with worry and concern.

Lux: Sora!

She quickly helps him up as Poppy bashes away several more Knights that tried to charge at them. She was quick to scold him as Lulu quickly worked on healing the weakened boy.

Poppy: It was foolish of you to go running off alone!

Jinx cackles as she blasted apart the crowd of Heartless with Shiro in rocket launcher form, before chiming in nonchalantly in spite of the ongoing battle in front of and all around her.

Jinx: Aw relax! He's still breathing, plus he's brought all the target practice to one place!

Janna casts several gales of wind that carve through the horde, only to see how quickly the Knights were in replacing their fallen. She picked up on how organized they all seem to be. Their sudden appearance aside, it was as if the Heartless had planned on invading in full force. And now here they were, surrounded on all sides.