Episode 2: Welcome to Valoran City

Sora awakens to the sounds of birds chirping outside the window, sitting upright and stretching upwards with a loud yawn. He smiles as he hops out of bed and stares out the window, taking in the view of the city afar. It was a peaceful night of sleep, thankfully. He couldn't remember the last time he had such a restful slumber. At least, one that didn't involve him getting trapped in a capsule or spell or some other form of forced rest.

A soft knock can be heard on the door, before a familiar voice is heard.

Lux: Sora? Are you up?

Sora: Yup! You can come in.

She creaks the door open and gives him a smile, noticing how bright and up he was for the day. He was even still wearing his clothes. Maybe he was used to sleeping with them on, she thought. As for her, she was wearing some casual clothing, a blue shirt and brown shorts with overall jeans that reached her ankles. She still had on some pink slippers.

Lux: Did you sleep well?

With a big grin, Sora nods confidently.

Sora: Yup! Best sleep I've had in a while! Did you sleep well too?

Lux nods her head, her smile widening a bit.

Lux: The others are making breakfast downstairs. We're having pancakes!

Sora: Sweet!

Lux beckons him to follow, and the two head downstairs and into the kitchen area. Which...looked like a tornado had swept through. In a sense of Deja Vu, Lux noticed Jinx and Poppy arguing over what shape the pancakes should be while Janna was cleaning the dishes. Sora blinks as he saw pancake batter and flour all over the floor, before glancing at Lux with an awkward chuckle. Lux couldn't help but be embarrassed.

Lux: I promise, it's not usually like this! Only like, a few times! Sometimes. Mostly...

Sora simply waves a hand to ease her, still smiling softly.

Sora: No worries! Anyways, morning, everyone!

Sora announces himself to the others. Jinx and Poppy were still focused on debating how pancakes should look, but Janna glances back and responds.

Janna: Morning, Sora. Sorry for the mess, those two were adamant about making the pancakes today. Only problem is...

Poppy: You're mixing too much! They're going to be too chewy!

Jinx: Relax, I know what I'm doing! I might've screwed up the first ten times, but I'll get it right the eleventh time! Just trust me!

All the while, Lulu was sitting at the table with a deflated look, while Pix kneaded at her head while sitting atop her. Her stomach was growling loudly. Sora hums while rubbing his chin.

Sora: Maybe I can help? I've had some cooking experience before!

Poppy and Jinx stop their bickering to look back at him, raising their brows skeptically. Sora maintains his confident grin before bumping his chest with a fist.

Sora: Trust me!

------------------------------------------------------

Lux: This tastes amazing!

Janna: I concur. Simply divine.

Poppy: This...is really good, Sora!

Jinx: Not bad. Still would've been neat to have 'em shaped as rockets.

Sora smiles proudly as he sees all the girls ate his pancakes. The only one not saying anything was Lulu, but only because she was stuffing her face happily. To him, her actions were more than enough to tell how much she loved them! Lux gives Sora a curious look.