9. getting ditched

Start from the beginning

but we dont have classes tgt

lunch🤩

ohhhhh

dumb hoe😒

ew wtf be a dry texter again

I never was tho

YEAH WELL EW UR OVERUSING EMOJIS

i'm overusing???
pls whatre u doing the?

uhhh
😒
read 07:25 a.m

----

"Ditching my ass." You muttered to yourself as you sat on your usual lunch table alone. Yes alone. Suna had been right.

You were staring at your phone, wondering if there was actually any use in texting them. At the end it would just be like: oh sorry we went to get lunch'. You heaved a sigh, biting into your onigiri while scrolling through your phone.

"Where are Katou and Sasaki?" Suna asked and you heard him sit down opposite you. You just shrugged, playing off how stupid you felt. "I dunno." you then said and looked up from your phone, realizing the twins weren't there either. "Where are the Miya's?" You titled your head slightly, curious about his answer. "Why would I know?" Your face dropped. Holding a conversation with him was actually really hard.

"That's what I mean. You never even try to hold a conversation." you told him and took another bite of your onigiri. Suna's lips twitched in amusment. "That was a genuine question though." he grinned teasingly, trying to get to you. For some reason he found it really amusing to try to annoy you. "I'm not gonna answer that." You said and then continued eating in silence.

----

Neither the twins nor Aki and Mika showed up. So at the end it had just been a painfully awkward lunch break.

None of you both talked until you broke the silence. "This sucks." You stated, looking at him with a frown. Suna looked up from his phone.
"What sucks?" He asked. He sounded genuinely confused, which annoyed you even more. For no reason at all. "That we're sitting here together not even talking to each other." He shrugged, his gaze already back on his phone. You reached out to snatch it away. But he was faster and pulled his arm away quickly. Putting his phone out of your reach. "I like silence." He explained. It wasn't a reasonable thing in your opinion. With that the conversation ended. At least for him.

You sighed. "Weren't you the one who pointed out we barely talk?" He just shrugged again his attention still on his phone. He looked back up from it, finally putting it away. "Well then, what do you wanna talk about?" he asked, propping his head down on his hand, looking at you curiously. Was it curousity though? It was actually hard to tell. he always seemed to have the same expression.

You didn't answer. There was really nothing on your mind but smalltalk. Which you sucked at it anyway. And him looking at you as if he tried to see right through you, was in fact not helping at all. Also if he'd really stuggle in reading you, that would be sad, you were literally an open book to everyone around you.

"That's answer enough." A small grin tugged on his lips as he leaned back in his chair. You rolled your eyes. "You just didn't give me enough time to think about it", you grumbled, the frown on your face deepening, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "I let you 'think about it' for a whole minute." Suna chuckled quitely, it was quite funny for him to watch you fail on starting a conversation. You clicked your tongue in annoyance. This conversation was definetly not going how you planned it out. But hey, at least you were talking.