leon sarah and i all left the hotel place and started to head to where the extraction point is. leon drove us but we had to go pretty far out of the town and into a field for the helicopter since the hospital was unsafe.

"how long do we have to drive for?" sarah sighed

"we just need a open area. it's in the outskirts of town." leon explained

i starred out the window while they spoke sarah didn't like me and that became apparent when she glared at me while leon and i left the bathroom this morning.

leon and i didn't explain anything cause we didn't have too but the way she glared at me had me wanting to leave her behind. if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse i would have.

"did they tell you what time they would be there?" i asked softly while looking over at leon

he glanced at me, "i have to call when we get there and they'll give us a estimate."

"okay."

i saw leon's hand twitch but he ended up gripping the steering wheel tighter.

while we drove sarah kept kneeing my seat. so i moved my seat up but she didn't really stop. i don't know why she was even being this petty about.

"is there a stop on the way i need to go to the bathroom." she groaned.

leon sighed, "yeah. i'll pull over at the next store."

eventually we did and leon had me wait in the car with sarah while he check in the store.

"are you and him like a thing?" she asked

"no." i said without looking at her

"yeah that's bullshit."

"why would i lie about that? we take care of eachother." i snapped

"you're a fucking liar. i read your stupid little journal. saying that you can't fall for him and shit, tell me why i shouldn't tell him."

of course she looked through my bag while i was in the bathroom.

"why would you even fucking tell him! we're trying to survive zombies" i shouted

she rolled her eyes

"you're fucking stupid."  i snapped

she scoffed, "i'm fucking stupid?"

i opened the car door and went to the trunk and dug through my bag.

"where are you going?" leon asked worried while he walked up to the car

i froze, "um nowhere? i'm just looking for something."

" is it your journal?" he asked,

i looked at him, "uh yeah..."

i found it on the desk i grabbed it but i promise i didn't read it."

i shut the trunk, "oh thank you."

he nodded, " the store is safe, by the way."

sarah got out of the car, "finally."  she said before heading in

leon stepped closer, "are you okay? you weren't going to leave were you."

"i wouldn't leave leon." i said softly while closing the trunk.

he nodded, "i just wanted to make sure."

"i know i'm a notorious runner but i actually have grown rather found of you." i teased trying to lighten the mood.

leon smiled, "me too."

leon stepped closer while cupping my cheek.

"is this okay?" he asked softly

i nodded while putting my hands on his chest.

it felt like the whole world phases out for a moment to just me and his, the moment being sickly sweet. i didn't think this would happen. the more he moved closer the more nervous i grew. right as i closed my eyes a scream tore through our moment.

and again leon's walls were back up and he was already inside the gas station leavening me alone.

a lesson i never thought i would learn: never fall in love in a zombie apocalypse.