Chapter Two: Bill's Return

Tension and eagerness could practically be heard as the two vehicles pulled up towards the complex. The Calamity Trio were genuinely concerned about what Terri wanted to show them...what was it and why couldn't Terri just tell them?

They didn't want to look or act too disappointed if Terri wasn't bringing them back to Amphibia, but they just couldn't help but get their hopes up. It had been a decade since they left the place that changed them for the better...and scarred them, but that part's less important.

"Sasha," Mr. X said, breaking the tension. "you're gonna wanna turn right up here." He said pointing up ahead.

"Got it." Sasha replied with a thumbs up as she switched her blinker on.

"You probably don't need to do that." Anne said with a chuckle.

"Hey, there's probably a hundred government agents here." Sasha retorted with a smirk. "I'm not risking another ticket."

"Oh, yes. I certainly would've given you a ticket for not using your blinker in this top secret government base." Mr. X sarcastically remarked.

Everyone chuckled as the two vehicles pulled up to their turn and then parked. The girls got out, almost a little too fast, but then immediately calmed themselves down.

"Alright, everyone! This way." Terri said, waving the girls over with a grin.

"Seems to be a lot of guards here." Anne joked, noticing just how many soldiers were actually around the place.

Terri shrugged. "The stuff we're working on requires a lot of security due to its importance."

"It's top secret," Mr. X quickly added, his finger shooting upwards to emphasize his point. "We're breaking a lot of rules just letting you three see what we're gonna show you. You're lucky to even be alive after getting this far."

Marcy then hugged Sasha tightly. "I don't wanna die a second time!!!"

Sasha shivered and hugged Marcy back. "Please don't remind me about that...the therapist of the group doesn't need to get therapy herself..."

"Stop scaring them, X!" Terri said, hitting Mr. X's arm. "There's no need to worry about anything, you three. Besides, if this works? It'll go public! Just think of it as you getting a sneak preview."

The Calamity Trio sighed in relief before Marcy slowly walked over and tapped Terri's shoulder.

"Sooo...could you tell us what it even is?"

Terri shrugged. "It's easier to show you."

The Calamity Trio gave her a small look, annoyed that she couldn't just tell them. Their hopes were now properly built up and too hard to keep down now.

"Now before we go inside," Mr. X said, twirling around on his heelys. "Do not look at anything and do not take any pictures. This facility has more going on than just what you're here to see. Just keep your eyes on the floor"

"Got it." Anne replied.

"Understood." Sasha said, giving a quick nod.

"No problemo!" Marcy exclaimed, giving a double thumbs up.

"Alright let's get going then." Mr. X said, grabbing a card and swiping it through the scanner...but when nothing happened, he began angrily swiping the card again and again.

Terri's eyes narrowed and she grabbed the card, very slowly swiping it and then the door opened.

Mr. X cleared his throat. "Thank you."

The group then began walking inside, with The Calamity Trio looking down at the floor the entire time. Marcy nearly tripped a few times, but was caught by both Anne and Sasha before she could faceplant the floor.