Declande

Toddler Declande is to the right.... isnt he cute?

let me know what you think about the chappie

Chapter 16- Declande

. When I woke up I noticed my son wasn’t in the crib. I sat up and looked around and saw Lydia on the balcony feeding him a bottle.

“Good morning your majesty” she said curtsying to me and then cradling my son. I felt so weak.

“What are you feeding him?” I asked groggily

“Blood. Vampire babies are to be fed only blood for the first few months” she said.

“Oh” I closed my eyes again and dozed off. I was woken by my son crying. I got out of bed and made my way over to him. I picked him up and cradled him to me. He looked into my eyes and stopped crying. he made happy gurgling sounds that made me cry.

“Oh my son” I whispered. If someone had told me I would be married, a vampire and have a son at eighteen I would have laughed at them and said they were crazy but here I am with a beautiful baby boy who had my eyes and his father’s hair.

“I shall call you Declande” I said cooing “Declande Drake Vladimir” I said. I sighed and grabbed a bottle of blood. I drunk it and then fed Declande the one other. He cooed softly before closing his eyes and going to sleep. I walked out to the balcony and sighed

“Where are you Drake” I said to myself. I placed Declande in his crib and went and had a shower. I muscles ached and I loved how the hot water felt. When I got out I got changed into my jammies. I noticed that my sheets had been changed while I was in the shower. I sighed and climbed into bed falling asleep and dreaming of drake. When I woke up I saw Declande happily gurgling in his crib. I smiled and climbed out of bed picking up Declande and headed to the kitchen. The cooks happily greeted me and made cute sounds to my son. I got his bottle out and heated it up to normal temperature and fed him. I then decided that everyone needed to meet my son. He was due to be officially named and announced soon Maria had told me so I got in one of my advisors to make the arrangements.

Today was the day. I dressed in a beautiful red gown that was like the olden style dresses. The tight upper corsets and flowing skirt. I had my hair up and placed my crown on my head. it felt weird being all royal but apparently it was my duty. I picked up Declande and we headed to the mass ballroom where the whole kingdom awaited

“Presenting Queen Amalia and her son” the guard said as he opened the door. I walked in holding my son and people all bowed until I reached my throne. Drake’s was empty beside me and it kind of dampened the day. I placed Declande in the bassinette and stood by the priest

“His name you highness?” the priest asked

“I have named him Declande Drake Vladimir” I announced.

“Well I dub him Prince Declande Drake Vladimir” the priest’s voice rang over the ballroom and he placed the small royal chain around Declande’s neck. I picked him up and handed him to the priest who held him up like Raffiki does to Simba in the Lion King. People clapped and cheered and then the gifts started arriving. By the end of the feast everyone had met him and held him. he was out of it by the time I put him to bed. Lydia and Maria both said their good night’s and then headed home. I walked to the balcony and looked out for an hour before going to bed. I wondered how he was.

“Eat your vegies or not sweets Declande” I said to him. he pouted but complied. He was now five. I have only heard that both vampire and wolf numbers have dwindled in the war but nothing on Drake.

“All done mummy” Declande said. I smiled at him. He looked so much like his father it was crazy. He had the same brown hair, the same mannerisms and he even started to look a lot like him.

“Good boy” I said. Georgia, our main cook came out and cleared the plates before I stood and pulled Declande into my arms

“Sweets will be sent up” I said. he nodded happily and I took him to his room. He ate his sweets and then I helped him brush his teeth. When he washed out his mouth he smiled at me showing his cute little fangs

“When is daddy coming home?” he asked

“When he can darling” I said kissing his head. He yawned and climbed into his bed. I tucked him in and kissed his head before turning down the lights and going to my room. I changed into a pair of jammies and headed out to the balcony. I sighed and looked out to the path. It has been five years and I haven’t seen Drake or hear anything from him and it was driving me insane. Every time I wanted to look for him I found that I couldn’t leave Declande and this kingdom needed their king or Queen or both. But for now they just had their queen. The next morning I woke up, had a shower put on one of my many dresses and headed down for breakfast. I grabbed a bottle of blood and downed it before Declande came running down in his cute little jeans and a shirt with his jacket. Apparently vampire minds were about a year or two older than their bodies. So I was now twenty three but I only looked twenty one.

“good morning sweetheart how was your sleep?” I asked

“Fine” he answered smiling at the maid who had placed a small glass of blood for him and some toast. I smiled and finished my breakfast. Declande wanted to play with the children in the kingdom today so I decided to walk around and talk to Lydia or Maria.

Declande ran out and I ran after him

“Be careful Declande I don't want you scraping your knees” I called. He turned around and smiled

“I won’t mummy” he called before going to play with the other children.

“Your highness” people said as I passed. I walked to Maria’s house and she smiled when she saw me. She hugged me and looked at Declande

“He is so much like his father was at that age” she said grinning

“He has the same mannerisms” I said watching as Declande kicked the ball to another child

“How are you?” Maria asked

“Worried. I miss Drake so much it hurts” I said sighing. Lydia walked up then and sent Briana off to play with the other children

“I miss my Henry too” she said

“And I miss my husband. Hopefully they return soon” Maria said sighing.

“So ladies how about a cup of tea and then we can all chat” Maria said pulling out the cups as we sat out the front.

“Sounds perfect. I really don't like being cooped up in the castle and I think Declande doesn’t like it either. He leaves every chance he gets” I said watching him.

“Maybe he is bored” Lydia suggested

“Maybe” I shrugged. All of a sudden the horns went off. I jumped and looked around.

“what is it?” I asked. I noticed how the gates were opening. I looked out and saw people riding in baring the kingdom’s flag. Oh my god.