the Talk

Hey all another chapter

hope you like it :)

Chapter 7- The Talk

That night Drake and I went to bed feeling exhausted. The next morning I woke up cuddling against something soft. I groaned and looked around and realised I was cuddling into Drake. I blushed and climbed off of him and rushed to the bathroom. I had a shower and then I walked to the massive walk in closet. I decided on a maxi skirt and an off the shoulder peasant top to wear today. I grinned at my choice. When I walked out Drake was already up but he looked so tired

“You ok Drake?” I asked. He had deep purple circles under his eyes and he looked pale

“I’m find I just need food” he said getting up and we headed down for breakfast. I had a piece of toast with some jam on it while Drake sculled three bottles of blood. But the weird thing afterwards was that he didn't seem to improve.

“Drake are you ok?” I asked. he nodded and then he went down. I screamed and ran to his side. In a matter of seconds his father was there with maids and what looked like was advisors.

“What happened Amalia?” his father asked

“I don't know he didn't look well this morning and he drank three bottles of blood and then he fell” I said freaking out. I had tears in my eyes and I realised that I was really starting to like Drake. I didn't want him to die.

“Ssh it will be fine. Call for a doctor” his dad said to a maid. She nodded and sped out the door. I watched as Drake was carried up to our room and I sat on the bed next to him with a cool cloth on his forehead while my other hand gently held his.

“He seems to be lacking blood” the doctor announced

“But he drank three bottles!” I insisted.

“Has he told you anything about your mating process?” the man asked me. I shook my head

“Well when a vampire finds their mate, a type of bond is formed. It is very strong on the vampire side. This means that the vampire not only needs normal blood but he also needs something else. The vampire side needs you to be part of them. like turning them or through actually mating in which the vampire bites their human to mark them or well the last option which is drinking a bit of blood from their mate” he explained. I felt the blood drain from my face while he spoke. He had to drink my blood?

“So you have three options” the doctor announced. I frowned and looked around. I thought about it heaps and decided I knew what I was going to do.

“Can everyone please leave?” I asked. They all obeyed and it was just me and Drake. His eyes were closed and he looked at peace. I took a deep breath and tried to rouse Drake awake at least a little bit.

“Drake?” I asked gently. He groaned so I took the opportunity to move him a bit so he was in sort of a sitting position. I sat so he had clear reach of my neck. I rested his lips against them and took a deep breath

“Drink Drake” I urged. I felt his lips slightly kiss my neck before I gasped at the two sharp pains that went through my neck and electrified my body. Suddenly his arms wrapped around me and tightened as he started to regain consciousness. I bit my lip to stop from crying from the pain.

“Drake stop” I urged. But he didn't. Instead he drank deeper. I was starting to feel dizzy. I felt my body go limp in his arms and then I blacked out.

Drake’s P.O.V

This blood. It was the most amazing thing ever. The sweetest blood I have ever tasted. I barely heard her voice

“Drake stop” she urged me but I couldn’t. It wasn’t until I felt her angelic body go limp in my arms that I wrenched myself away. Amalia’s body slumped next to me and her eyes were closed. Oh no! She was lightly breathing still and that was a good sign. I got up and felt a lot better than this morning. I have never drank three bottles of blood and have them not sustain me. But then I remembered the mating thing. she gave her blood to me. That was her chosen option. I swallowed and scooped her into my arms before stepping out of my room. Everyone who was waiting all looked grim at her choice. I felt it.

“Son...” was all dad said

“I know dad. And I just need to sustain her. Like you did with mum” I said walking down to the kitchen. I put a gauze over her neck and then gave her some water, some food and waited. Then I bit my wrist a little and rested it over her mouth. After three drops went in she started to respond. Then coughed and then she sat up.

“Oh my head” she said gasping then she lifted her eyes to me

“Drake! I was so worried” she said grabbing me into a hug. She was truly a magnificent creature. I was happy she belonged to me. I hugged her back and breathed in her scent. It had the tiniest hint of my smell mixed into her blood. She was still sort of pale but she seemed fine. Vampire blood heals all wounds.

“I’m fine. But thank you. For everything. I would have never asked you to make that choice until you could trust me more” I confessed. Her blue eyes looked into mine and she smiled

“I do trust you” she said hugging me again. I felt a thrill go through me when those words left her mouth and I returned her hug. I did truly love her already.

The next day I took Amalia to my most treasured spot and we spent another day together and she seemed to be happier.

“So how old are you exactly?” she asked

“I am about four hundred and three” I said shrugging

“huh”

“How old are you my love?” I asked. she blushed at my words and then smiled

“Eighteen now” She said looking at her drink and then taking a sip.

“I remember turning eighteen. There was a huge celebration” I said happily

“Drake?” she asked. I looked at her

“Yes my love?”

“Will I be a vampire?” she asked

“It depends” I said not wanting her to reject the idea

“On what?” she was suddenly on her knees looking at me

“You”

“Do I have to marry you?” she asked. she sounded gentle

“We haven’t even kissed my love. So let us not get ahead of ourselves” I said

Amalia’s P.O.V

“We haven’t even kissed my love. So let us not get ahead of ourselves” he said to me. I didn't know why but I felt my heart sink a little. I nodded and sank back to my sitting position. I pondered the thought of becoming a vampire and wondered if I would be a good one? would I ever become one?