Chapter 38/ Chapter 17

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I didn't mean it like that idiot. Despite looking like shit the suit and the eyebags made you look kinda hot," Katsuki shrugged, and Deku rolled his eyes. 

"You don't look too bad yourself. Got a thing for your hands if we're being honest here," Deku said, his gaze going to Katsuki's hands. 

"Oh yeah?" Katsuki said with a smirk, and Deku looked away. A faint blush dusted his features. 

"Only because of your quirk obviously," Deku said, and Katsuki nodded. 

"Uh huh, keep telling yourself that," he said, and it was the first time in a long time Katsuki and Deku had proper smiles on their faces. It was a smile that Katsuki had wanted to see on Deku for the longest time.

"Shut up," Deku said with a laugh, pushing Katsuki gently. 

"I do have one thing to ask actually," Katsuki said, and Deku's head tilted in curiosity. 

"Yeah? What is it?" Deku asked. 

"Your note, the one we picked up from the window-" Katsuki explained. 

"What about it?" Deku responded. 

"What does the rest say? There's so many tears and shit it smudged the ink," Katsuki said, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Do you have it?" Deku asked, and Katsuki nodded before taking in out of his pocket. 

"I keep trying to make out what it says," Katsuki said, flattening out the letter on the floor.

"Oh shit this is very blurry," Deku said squinting at the piece of paper.

"Can you read it?" Katsuki asked. 

"Just know that this past week and any other moments I've spent with you have been the happiest moments of my whole life. I don't regret any of my decisions, after all no matter what I did with my life, it always led back to you. Thanks for being a part of my life Kacchan, you made life worth living. From the silly little nicknames to dying because I love you too much. I wouldn't change anything, I'm happy to call this life my own- because of you," Deku read out. 

"Soppy shit, come here," Katsuki said, pulling Deku into him for a hug. 

"I'm sorry for everything. I really do love you. I'm sorry for being a villain," Deku mumbled into Katsuki's chest. 

"If that dream showed me anything, it's that you're not a villain. You just got lost," Katsuki said, his arms wrapped around the boy in his lap. 

"I don't know if I'm gonna get better. Part of me doesn't want to get better," Deku whispered, almost as if he was scared to admit it himself. 

"Deku," Katsuki said before pulling back, holding Deku by the shoulders. "I've loved you for a long time. But what got me to really realise that is even when you held a knife to my neck, or beat the shit out of me, or sat on my kitchen floor surrounded by blood, I still continued to want to help and spend time with you. No matter what mood you're in, whether you're a hero or a villain, whether you're depressed or not. I love you."

Deku smiled. It wasn't just a smile though. It was a beacon of hope, a symbol of peace for Katsuki.

"I almost died so many times because of you, all because I loved the angry foul mouthed Kacchan. You're kind of stuck with me now, it's the least you could do," Deku shrugged and giggled. 

"I'm sorry about that, I really am. Although the hanahaki wasn't really my fault, I'm sorry for the rest of it," Katsuki apologised. 

"Actually you chose to wait so long before confessing, so the hanahaki is kinda your fault," Deku pointed out and Katsuki rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever nerd," Katsuki said. 

"I love you too. I know you know that but I thought it needed to be said as well," Deku said with a smile. 

"You make me really happy, you know that?" Katsuki said quietly. 

"Nahh, I thought I made you utterly miserable," Deku replied and Katsuki rolled his eyes. 

"We'll think of something, I promise," Katsuki mumbled, and Deku stared at him. 

"At this rate I think jumping off a building is our only solution," Deku said, and Katsuki furrowed his eyebrows.

"That's stupid, we'll die," Katsuki replied.

"Kinda the point," Deku said, not looking at Katsuki. 

"Like hell am I letting you die. I don't wanna die either, so think of something else," Katsuki muttered. 

"We'll think of something," Deku said. 

"Yeah, we'll think of something," Katsuki agreed. 

But what if they don't?