XXII - Hurt

Camilo Madrigal x Reader

○◇○◇○

"Bella!"

'Dont call me that.'

Camilo rushed towards you, you walked as fast as you can trying to get as far away as possible. You could have just ran but you didn't, at least, you don't have the energy to do so.

"Hey..! Just wait a minute!"

'No.'

"(Name)!" You stopped. Camilo panted, your back facing towards him. He didn't understand anything, why  would you suddenly just leave? Why  were you crying? Why--

"Whats wrong?" He asked thoughtfully, you resisted the urge to scoff.

'Cecilia'

"Whats troubling you..?"

'Her with you.'

Camilo didn't hear anything, instead he just saw you look up releasing a breath in the air.

"Im sure what's on my mind isn't half as important as the guest you left behind. You should probably go back."

Camilo sighed, a soft smile on his face. So this is what it was all about, you were jealous.

"Hermosa, are you just jealous?" He asked slightly teasing, bold move since you weren't really joking.

"Just  jealous?" You asked, your mood starting to go cold.

"There's nothing to be jealous about, amor. I thought I made it clear we were old friends?"

"Do old friends promise each other marriage?"

Camilo's brows furrowed, how do you know? He began to feel nervous, no matter how bad it sounded, it was not what anyone think it was.

"Where did you hear that..?"

"Oh, people were so enchanted  by the two of you they recalled that memory. Apparently everyone else witness it." You answered, the deepest sarcasm linked with your words. He never heard you talk like that.

"(Name), Its not what you think--"

"You know, I've heard that so  many times now." You haven't faced him yet, he wanted to see you. He took a step forward to be in the same spot as you, and with a deep breath he took another step forward to look back at you.

You eyes were glossy, your nose red, your expression cold. He gaped his mouth, trying to find the right words to calm you down, you weren't suppose to know that. That promise was done for a reason. A reason only he and Cecilia knows.

"(Name).."

"Were you even gonna tell me?" Camilo stared at your eyes, he would have just rid you of your worries and say yes but that would be lying.

You weren't suppose to know  that.

He would not  tell you a thing.

And you knew that, you knew that when he lowered his head. Not answering. You felt your lip quiver, your chest was so tight it felt like you can explode then and there-- have him covered in your blood and rage.

"Hm, so i thought." You took the silence with your words, although your voice was cracking.

"Please.. (Name), we were kids..!"

"Kids don't lie."

"Some  kids do."

"Men do." Camilo hissed at the air, your glare was painful. It wasn't even a glare.. just you staring at him with no emotions, no warmth.. no love.

"That promise was in for something entirely different." You scoffed, finally you did.

"And what's that?"

"I can't tell you.." Your mouth opened with disbelief and shock, you let out a shaky laugh.

"Unbelievable."

"I'm sorry.. That was only between us." You felt your heart shatter.. between them? What were you some thirdwheel?

"Of course, between you and your beautiful  Cecilia. Everyone saw you, you know? They say you were perfect for each other. Beautiful  Cecilia with the charming Camilo Madrigal." Your voice changed, venom laced with it and it was far more deadly.

"And you would listen to them..? (Name) I don't  see her that way!"

"I bet she sees you that way."

"Don't add her into this..!" You fluttered your eyes, and the tears fell, you move your jaw, nodding and shaking your head. You looked ahead, seeing Camilo with the same red eyes.

"You're defending her now..?" Your voiced was cracking, and it was harder for him to not break down.

"I know you're confused and worried.. but its not what it seems..!"

"Then what is it..?!" You yelled, you finally yelled. Tears flowing like a waterfall, sobbing loudly.

"How am I suppose to understand  if you won't tell me..!!"

Camilo weakened, his hand going to his mouth, stoping any sound to come out. He was crying, you were crying.

"(Name).."

"You call me your lover  but I don't even have the right to know what that promise held..!"

"It doesn't concern you..! It's not important for us..!"

"It's important for my trust..! My doubts..!"

"You weren't even suppose to know!"

"Oh so you would just rather leave me like this while you're having fun with her? With them?"

"If you just forgot about it!"

"It's all I can think about, how can I forget?!"

Both of you were panting, crying, destroyed..hurt.

"I love you.." You heard him whispered.

"I love you (Name).."

"Love  don't hide secrets." You whispered back. You didn't look at him, not even when you walked past him, not even when you were walking back home. Hurt, betrayed, you had no more tears left to cry.

Camilo stayed at the same spot he was, staring at the space where you were. The love of his life cried because of him, he cried because of that. He messed up, he messed up so  bad.

He made it worse.

And he couldn't do anything about it.

○◇○◇○

Well, I did say it was gonna get messy.

n.l.page